Infobase is pleased to announce that 20 new full-length videos have been added to Bloom’s Literature, bringing to life frequently studied works such as 1984, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, and more.
Viewing the film adaptations of famous literary works can help enliven lessons or aid in understanding complex passages. With Bloom’s Literature, students and researchers have the unique opportunity to experience great plays and films alongside major critical essays on their themes, characters, and more.
All videos are tablet/mobile-friendly and can be viewed either in their entirety or scene by scene using the convenient clips. To access the full, hyperlinked list of performance videos, simply click on “Videos” at the top of any page in the database.
The new full-length videos include:
- 1984 (1956 film starring Michael Redgrave)
- Chimes at Midnight (Shakespeare adaptation starring Orson Welles)
- Macbeth (1948 film starring Orson Welles)
- Throne of Blood (Japanese adaptation of Macbeth made by Akira Kurosawa)
- Silas Marner (1985 BBC film starring Ben Kingsley)
- and more.
Click on the links below for more information about Bloom’s Literature: