About This Product
Access Video On Demand offers public libraries an opportunity to give patrons something that was never feasible—an expansive collection of thousands of high-quality videos that complement the broad range of books in the library. We bring your patrons exceptional content from around the world that they may never have had the opportunity to see: from Oscar, Emmy, and Peabody Award-winning documentaries, to how-to programs that make life easier and richer, top-quality performances spanning the arts, biographies of history-makers past and present, and more.
Always on the cutting edge, Access Video On Demand‘s platform provides patrons with the content, tools, speed, and performance that today’s online experience demands.
- Breadth and Depth – From travel and fitness programming, to home and how-to videos, indie films, popular music performances and documentaries, curriculum-based educational videos, and more, we individually select titles from more than 800 international producers to bring a wide variety of content that best suits a public library’s mission of providing lifelong learning to a diverse range of patrons.
- Top Producers – We work with the very best producers, including A&E, PBS, National Geographic, ABC News, NBC News, CNBC, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, HBO Documentary Films, Bill Moyers, Rick Steves, Globe Trekker, Julia Child, Open University, Annenberg Learner, TED, Films for the Humanities & Sciences, and many more.
- Exclusivity – More than half of our titles cannot be found with other video distributors, thanks to exclusive agreements with producers from around the world.
- Performance – Our platform features an advanced technical infrastructure, a fully responsive interface, and a powerful search engine and browse functions, making it fast and easy to use 24/7 on any Internet-enabled device.
- Freshness – Our acquisition efforts are ongoing, and every day we add more to the collection.
- Subject Mapping – Our content staff has created a subject-matter taxonomy of more than 800 granular topic areas within 35 core subjects, including history, psychology, health, technology, literature, teen issues, and many more.
- Card Catalog Integration – All titles come with MARC records that make the videos searchable alongside all the books and other materials in your library.
- Public Performance Rights – All titles come with public performance rights, giving you the opportunity to hold free public screenings.