College intern Diya Iyer, who is majoring in computer engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is the latest host on Shaping the Future of STEM. In episode 2, How to Find Support When You’re Studying STEM, Diya and Betsy Wille, Abbott’s Chief Information Security Officer, talk about what it’s like to be one of the only girls in their STEM classes and the tools they used to find support.
Shaping the Future of STEM
We’ve partnered with Abbott to showcase its groundbreaking new podcast series: Shaping the Future of STEM. As a global health technology company that recruits world-class scientists and engineers, Abbott knows women are critical to solving the world’s biggest problems with smart, imaginative thinking. In each episode of this unique 6-part series, female Abbott interns interview female Abbott scientists and engineers at the top of their field. You’ll learn firsthand about topics such as:
- Paths to STEM careers
- Challenges women may face in STEM and how to overcome them
- Why working in STEM is rewarding
- Exploding science lab projects!
- And much more!
This free, 6-part podcast series is perfect for STEM faculty and staff, career and guidance counselors and other student advisors, diversity and inclusion personnel, librarians, parents, students, and anyone else interested in changing the face of STEM and learning about the important role women will have in doing so.
We’ll share each new podcast in the series as it’s released throughout 2021—check back for new episodes! Or, you can listen, download, and subscribe to Abbott’s podcast channel on Apple Podcasts and/or Spotify. Learn more about Abbott.
Looking for More College and Career Readiness Materials?
What it means to be college and career ready is changing. And building a career, unlike finding a job, is a lifelong pursuit. Infobase’s authoritative content, tools, and technology offer skills development, career exploration, and education planning tools to help students prepare for the future.
- Episode 1: Abbott’s Shaping the Future of STEM: How to Find STEM Success? Learn to Pivot: Podcast
- Episode 3: Abbott’s Shaping the Future of STEM: How to Turn STEM Curiosity Into a Career: Podcast
- Episode 4: Abbott’s Shaping the Future of STEM: How Confidence Can Open Doors in STEM: Podcast
- Episode 5: Abbott’s Shaping the Future of STEM: How to Turn STEM Passion Into a Profession: Podcast
- Episode 6: Abbott’s Shaping the Future of STEM: How to Navigate Change in the STEM Fields
- Check out our College- and Career-Readiness Workshops for timely strategies for getting students TO and THROUGH college…and beyond!
- Explore Professions with Ferguson Career Guidance Center’s Career Videos
- The Uphill Upskill: Preparing for Career Success Campus-Wide
- Five Library Podcasts for Exploring Careers in Libraries