Abbott college intern Ixchelle Hernández Lebrón, who is earning her chemical engineering degree at the University of Puerto Rico, is the latest host on the Shaping the Future of STEM podcast. In episode 6, How to Navigate Change in the STEM Fields, Ixchelle interviews Agnes Ortega, divisional vice president of Global Compliance and Quality Operations at Abbott. Listen as Ixchelle and Agnes discuss navigating a STEM career amid a new culture, the similarities between engineering and art, and leadership lessons for women.
Shaping the Future of STEM
We’ve partnered with Abbott to showcase its groundbreaking new podcast series: Shaping the Future of STEM. As a global health technology company that recruits world-class scientists and engineers, Abbott knows women are critical to solving the world’s biggest problems with smart, imaginative thinking. In each episode of this unique 6-part series, female Abbott interns interview female Abbott scientists and engineers at the top of their field. You’ll learn firsthand about topics such as:
- Paths to STEM careers
- Challenges women may face in STEM and how to overcome them
- Why working in STEM is rewarding
- Exploding science lab projects!
- And much more!
This free, 6-part podcast series is perfect for STEM faculty and staff, career and guidance counselors and other student advisors, diversity and inclusion personnel, librarians, parents, students, and anyone else interested in changing the face of STEM and learning about the important role women will have in doing so.
Find all of the episodes here! Or, you can listen, download, and subscribe to Abbott’s podcast channel on Apple Podcasts and/or Spotify. Learn more about Abbott.
Looking for More College and Career Readiness Materials?
What it means to be college and career ready is changing. And building a career, unlike finding a job, is a lifelong pursuit. Infobase’s authoritative content, tools, and technology offer skills development, career exploration, and education planning tools to help students prepare for the future.
Take a look at our College and Career Readiness Toolkit today!
- Episode 1: Abbott’s Shaping the Future of STEM: How to Find STEM Success? Learn to Pivot: Podcast
- Episode 2: Abbott’s Shaping the Future of STEM: How to Find Support When You’re Studying STEM: Podcast
- Episode 3: Abbott’s Shaping the Future of STEM: How to Turn STEM Curiosity Into a Career: Podcast
- Episode 4: How Confidence Can Open Doors in STEM: Podcast
- Episode 5: How to Turn STEM Passion Into a Profession
- Check out our College- and Career-Readiness Workshops for timely strategies for getting students TO and THROUGH college…and beyond!
- Explore Professions with Ferguson Career Guidance Center’s Career Videos
- The Uphill Upskill: Preparing for Career Success Campus-Wide