To celebrate Pride Month, we thoughtfully curated this list of top films that explore sexuality and gender, discuss the LGBTQ+ community’s history and the issues it faces today, and offer a fresh and unique outlook on LGBTQ+ perspectives on society.
Whether you are hosting a virtual viewing at your library or planning a movie night, we hope you enjoy these titles, all of which you can find in Access Video On Demand for public libraries.
Our Top 5 Pride Month Films, Available Through Access Video On Demand:
- Just Gender (#205871): Challenging the viewer to question their notions of male and female, this film explores the diversity that exists in the transgender community.
- Where Justice Ends (#205872): Narrated by Tony award® winner Brian Stokes, this film addresses two timely social justice topics: conditions in the U.S. prison system, and the treatment of transgender individuals by the law.
- Drawn This Way (#194657): This documentary dives into the pages of comic books, animated series, films, and even video games to discover the LGBTQ characters portrayed.
- Queer Icon (#241091): This series celebrates the strides made by members of the LGBTQ+ community in increasing acceptance for queer people.
- My Big Gay Jewish Conversion (#215616): A gay Catholic travels to Israel to find out whether Judaism is the one mainstream religion that accepts homosexuality.
What Is Access Video On Demand?
Access Video On Demand streaming video offers public libraries an expansive, patron-friendly collection of thousands of high-quality videos that complement and enhance your library’s content offerings. We bring your patrons exceptional content from around the world that they may never have had the opportunity to see: from Oscar®, Emmy®, and Peabody Award-winning documentaries, to how-to programs that make life easier and richer, top-quality performances spanning the arts, biographies of history-makers past and present, a variety of TV shows and movies, and more.