Helping Students Get TO College in an Unprecedented Time: A Workshop for Public Library Professionals
January 28 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
Our special virtual workshop led by nationally recognized higher education expert Adam A. Smith will equip public library professionals with the skills and knowledge needed to provide information and resources for students and families to research, gain admission to, and succeed in higher education and beyond.
You’ll gain practical tools and strategies for making your library a hub of college access. Learn more about:
- Leaning into our virtual world: conducting “smart research,” including college visits, virtual admissions/scholar interviews, virtual student panels, faculty meetings, and more
- Helping students find, secure, and put their best foot forward for scholarships
- Hosting a virtual “College Goal Sunday” to assist students with applications, FAFSA, and scholarship applications
- Issues with equity: the truth about test ACT/SAT optional and its potential impact on college success
- Demystifying the admission process: what colleges and universities are really looking for in Gen Z students
- Strategies to help students and library professionals lean into our virtual “new normal”
Can’t attend? Register now, and you’ll be emailed a recording of the webinar, after the live session ends, to view at your convenience!