Preparing for college or for a career change can feel like a full-time job. The public librarian, tasked with supporting college and career readiness across the entire community, plays the roles of guidance counselor, career counselor, and everything in between. What do you have in your college and career readiness toolbox? Join us for a tour of ours. From financial aid and school search, to career assessment and resume templates, Infobase has something for every librarian tasked with supporting every patron.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How public libraries can support families with children preparing for college using the school and financial aid search in Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center and college readiness courses for teenagers in Infobase Learning Cloud.
- How job seekers of any age or experience level can take career assessment tests, explore industry salaries or job outlooks, and find a full suite of resume and cover letter templates for any field in Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center.
- How any public library patron, student, parent, job seeker, or happily employed person can strengthen their job skills or soft skills with short courses in popular technology or SEL topics in Infobase Learning Cloud.
Can’t attend? Register now, and you’ll be emailed a recording of the webinar, after the live session ends, to view at your convenience!
THIS IS A “WINFOBASE” WEBINAR
Join us for this webinar and be eligible to win a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card!* Participants who attend will have a chance to win—just look for the poll questions at the end of the webinar to enter. *Restrictions apply, see amazon.com/gc-legal. Winner selected from attendees after the webinar has ended. Must be present to win.
- title: Preparing Patrons for College or Careers at the Public Library
- date: December 16, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - December 16, 2021 @ 2:30 pm