It is important for school librarians to have the tools they need to support students and engage teachers. FOSIL (Framework Of Skills for Inquiry Learning) is one such tool. In this webinar, librarian Elizabeth Hutchinson will explain what FOSIL is and how it can be used as a tool not only to teach inquiry skills, but also as an assessment tool within the curriculum.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Why an inquiry framework is an essential tool for school librarians.
- What the different stages of the FOSIL cycle mean.
- How to find the resources to get you started using FOSIL.
- How an inquiry journal can be used to start a conversation with teachers.
Can’t attend? Register now, and you’ll be emailed a recording of the webinar, after the live session ends, to view at your convenience!
About Elizabeth Hutchinson:
Elizabeth Hutchinson is a chartered librarian and Fellow of CILIP (Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals). With nearly 20 years in school libraries, she is now a trainer and adviser and an advocate for FOSIL—inquiry-based learning. She was awarded the BEM for services to libraries in 2020 and is an international speaker, blogger, and author of a number of published articles.
- title: Using FOSIL as a Tool for Inquiry-Based Learning
- date: May 24 @ 11:00 am - May 24 @ 12:00 pm