Do you have patrons who are nervous around computers or who could use a few refreshers? Access Video On Demand’s new Technology Survival Skills subject collection provides a wealth of brief, easy-to-follow instructional videos from John Wiley & Sons’ “For Dummies®” that are sure to bring any viewer up to speed on the technologies that people use every day. Perfect for reluctant computer users as well as those who need quick tutorials, the hundreds of short videos in this collection cover a wide range of software, devices, and media. With videos ranging from how to make and use pivot tables in Excel to how to record your own podcast, a range of skills is covered for every technology user in this modern world.
Under Technology Survival Skills, patrons will find:
- Titles on computer basics such as Upgrading and Protecting Your Android Device, Deciding between an iPad and iPad Mini, and Connecting Remotely to Another Computer in Windows 10.
- Courses on computer programs including Excel, Skype, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Google Apps, Prezi, Salesforce, Dropbox, Evernote, and more.
- Coverage of a wide range of tablets, phones, and other devices from brands such as Samsung Galaxy, Android, iPad/iOS, Mac, and more.
- Titles on using digital technology including the 14-part series Digital Literacy for Dummies Applications & Troubleshooting Course, which covers basics ranging from fixing computer start-up and connectivity problems to how to watch a movie online, plus videos such as How to Feed Flickr Photos to a WordPress Blog, How to Level Up in Minecraft, How to Download and Install PuTTY, and How to Store a Picture on the TI-84 Plus.
- Tips and instructions for using online services and applications, including Facebook, Snapchat, Jive, Instagram, Chatter, Google Search, and more.