An enormous wealth of new content on world mythology and ancient literature has just been added to Bloom’s Literature.
New Entries on Mythology
Approximately 4,000 new entries on mythological figures, literary works, and topics have been added, all from two highly acclaimed sources: the Encyclopedia of World Mythology and Legend, Third Edition (which Library Journal described as “jammed with information and filled with both impressive scholarship and entertaining tidbits”) and the Encyclopedia of Greek and Roman Mythology (which School Library Journal said “succeeded brilliantly”).
28 new videos from respected scholarly and educational filmmakers have been added, including:
- 20 titles in the Great Greek Myths series by ARTE France, including Antigone, the Woman Who Said “No”; Perseus, the Look of Death; and many more
- Three titles from the Clash of the Gods series by A&E Networks, including Odysseus: Curse of the Sea
- Five titles from the Invitation to World Literature series by Annenberg Learner, including The Epic of Gilgamesh: Invitation to World Literature.
New Literary Classics
Seven full-length mythology books have been added to Bloom’s full-text Literary Classics, including:
- Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Bulfinch’s Mythology
- Folk Stories from Southern Nigeria, West Africa
- Myths and Legends, The Celtic Race
- Táin bó Cuailnge
- The Myths of the North American Indians
- Myths and Legends of China.
Click on the links below for more information about Bloom’s Literature: