Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center is continuously updated and enhanced, increasing the educational value of this award-winning resource. Here is a recap of some of the content updates made so far this year.
Recent Updates and Additions:
- Articles: Added 37 new Professions articles, including Fuel Cell Engineers, Hydroelectric Production Managers, Investment Fund Managers, Logistics Engineers, Neuropsychologists, Product Analysts, and Radiologists. Also updated five Industry articles—Energy, Health Care Management, Hedge Funds, Information Technology, and Private Equity.
- Career Skills: Revised and updated the “Career Skills” section of the “Job-Hunting and Workplace Skills” landing page, presenting essential information for understanding and mastering career and workplace readiness skills and serving a direct need in career education to address the “Skills Gap,” a lack of basic workplace knowledge and skills among people entering the workforce for the first time. Nine Career Skills sections and their related Skill Tips and Exercises have been thoroughly expanded and updated:
- Communication Skills
- Ethics and Etiquette
- Finding a Job
- Leadership Skills
- Learning the Ropes
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Research and Information Management
- Teamwork Skills.
- Career Tips videos: Added more than 20 videos from the new, proprietary Career Tips video series, offering concise, timely advice on job-search techniques and career skills such as writing better résumés and cover letters, networking, interviewing, and advancing your career.
- Career Q&A videos: Added three new and original videos: Bank Branch Managers, Drug Developers, and Market Research Analysts.
- School Search: Updated Graduate School Search data.
Click on the links below for more information about Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center: