Infobase is pleased to announce that NC LIVE, North Carolina’s statewide public and academic library consortium, has just signed on as a subscriber to Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center. With this multi-year agreement, all library patrons across North Carolina will now have free access to this award-winning career research database through www.nclive.org or via their local library’s website.
Choosing a career or planning your education can be a daunting decision, but North Carolinians can now turn to Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center for a one-stop resource whatever their stage of career exploration or planning. The database’s unprecedented depth of coverage is organized into three main sections—Industries and Careers, Plan Your Education, and Launch Your Career—with up-to-date industry and professions articles, school planning resources, job skills and career advice, career videos, links to internships and outside jobs, and other valuable material.
Benefits for those exploring possible career fields:
- Profiles of 140 industries and career fields and thousands of professions, thoroughly researched and up to date
- “Career Q&A: Professional Advice and Insight” videos
- “My Life” interviews that offer insider perspectives from working professionals
- Career Interest Assessment
Benefits for those planning their education:
- Comprehensive and filterable school search (undergraduate, graduate, nursing, and vocational/technical)
- Financial aid directories
- College planning articles
- Career skills advice and tips that transcend career exploration—and can be applied to academic success strategies and general life skills
Benefits for those actively seeking job opportunities or looking to advance their career:
- Networking advice on topics such as managing your online presence and using social media
- Expert tips on writing résumés and cover letters, interviewing, apprenticeships and internships, workplace skills, and more
- Career advice blog, with an archive of more than 2,000 posts, plus tips for graduates from nationally renowned author and career expert Sue Morem
- Links to current, live job and internship postings.
Click on the links below for more information about Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center: