The Nursing Streaming Video Collection, a career-focused premium collection available through Films On Demand, now offers more than 70 new videos from producer Medcom-Trainex. Medcom has been a leading producer and distributor of health care education programs for more than 50 years. Some of the important new videos nursing students will find include:
- Suctioning series (Item #154476)—examines the fundamentals of suctioning and teaches techniques for nasotracheal, oropharyngeal, and endotracheal suctioning.
- Essential Nursing Informatics series (Item #154411)—provides an overview of nursing informatics, describing what it is, the technologies used, and how it can improve patient care.
- Pediatric Pain Management series (Item #154463)—provides nurses and other health care professionals with an understanding of pediatric pain and provides an overview of the assessment and treatment techniques used to alleviate it.
- Administering Medications series (Item #154383)—examines the procedures for administering medications to patients, looking at injections, oral medications, and topical, suppository, and inhalant medications. This program also considers medication safety.
- Medical Errors series (Item #154443)—focuses on medication errors and strategies that can be implemented to prevent their occurrence.
- Confidentiality series (Item #154404)—discusses elements of confidentiality in health care settings, looking at special considerations for electronic data and HIPAA regulations.
- And many more!
The Nursing Streaming Video Collection is designed not only to help nursing students excel in their studies and pass licensure exams, but also to prepare them for long-term job success in an increasingly complex health care system. Other trusted producers whose titles can be found in the collection include Cengage Learning/Concept Media, NEVCO, Wolters Kluwer Health, and Institute for Professional Care Education/Medifecta.