The World Almanac® is continuously updated and enhanced, increasing the educational value of this award-winning resource. Here are some of the content updates made so far this year.
Recent Updates and Additions:
- U.S. Government: Added a complete calendar for 2018 primary elections, state-by-state information about voter identification requirements in 2018, and results of 2017 and 2018 special elections to the U.S. House and Senate.
- Trump Administration: Added cabinet personnel updates and budget information for the administration of the 45th president, including full county-by-county 2016 and 2012 presidential election results. Historical election results include a new collection of electoral maps for every presidential election since 1789.
- U.S. Population: Added U.S. Census Bureau’s county-level population estimates (released May 2018) for all 50 states and outlying island areas. Includes total land area and seat of local division.
- Sports: Added full coverage of the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Includes a recap with historic highlights, final medal counts, and all 300+ medal winners. Historic Olympics coverage includes Winter and Summer Olympic champions dating to the first modern games in 1896. All major professional and collegiate sports statistics have been fully updated, including 2018 college football, basketball, and hockey seasons.
- Newsworthy facts: Added new data on crime rates, immigration, health insurance, vaccination, the opioid-abuse epidemic, and much more.
- Education: Added statistics on public education funding, charter schools and homeschooling, student loans, bullying, educational assessments, and a directory that includes tuition, room and board, and graduation rates for 1,500 colleges and universities.
Click on the links below for more information about The World Almanac®: