Two brand-new modules have just been added to The World Almanac® for Kids Elementary:
The new U.S. Government module features informative articles, images, videos, and Fun Facts that cover important topics introduced in the elementary school curriculum, including:
- U.S. Government Basics: includes What Is a Government?, How Does the U.S. Government Work?, and What Does the U.S. Government Do?
- Foundational Documents of the U.S. Government: includes The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights, and more.
- The Three Branches of Federal Government: includes The Executive Branch, The Legislative Branch, The Judicial Branch, How a Bill Becomes a Law, and more.
- Voting and Elections: includes Voting in the United States, Political Parties, Primaries and Caucuses, Election Day, Becoming a U.S. Citizen, and more.
Sound & Light
The new Sound & Light module contains articles, images, videos, and Fun Facts on important concepts that are part of the science curriculum for the elementary student, including:
- What Is Sound?: includes Sound as Energy, Vibrations, Waves, and Volume and Pitch.
- How Sound Behaves: includes Speed, Reflection, and Sonic Booms.
- Working with Sound: includes Using Sound and Controlling Sound.
- What Is Light?: includes Light as Energy, Light Sources, Waves, and Light and Color.
- How Light Behaves: includes Speed, Reflection, and Refraction.
- Working with Light: includes Using Light and Conserving Energy.
Click on the links below for more information about The World Almanac® for Kids Elementary: