World Geography and Culture is continuously updated and enhanced, increasing the educational value of this award-winning resource. Here is a recap of some of the content updates made so far this year.
Recent Updates and Additions:
- Country entries: Fully revised and updated 500 entries for 12 countries, including:
- Czech Republic
- Videos: Now includes 2,605 video clips from more than 200 full-length videos, all with searchable, printable transcripts, a brief overview of the video, and clear descriptions of each segment. These engaging and informative video titles from top producers provide up-close explorations of U.S. states and countries all around the world. For example:
- How Earth Made Us: The Untold Story of History, a five-part series on how our natural environment has shaped civilization, by BBC/National Geographic/ZDF
- Treasures of the World, an ongoing series on the sites across the world that have been listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites, by Global Screen GmbH
- Images: Added 150 new images with comprehensive captions on countries such as Cambodia, Denmark, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Philippines, and Tajikistan, among many others.
- Timelines: Updated regularly.
Click on the links below for more information about World Geography and Culture: