More than 200 audio recordings of national anthems have just been added to World Geography and Culture, bringing a new dimension to users’ geography, history, and culture research on nations around the world. Users can find the new recordings via Search under the “Images and Videos” tab, by selecting “Images and Videos” from the “Resources” drop-down menu or from the left side of the state and country profiles, or via Advanced Search by selecting “Images, Video, and Audio.”
Other recent enhancements made to World Geography and Culture include:
- Updated citations: The citations now reflect MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 8th Edition and Chicago Manual of Style, 17th Edition.
- Updates to entries for countries including Cyprus, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mozambique, Nauru, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, and Uganda on the subjects of geography, people and culture, weather and climate, history, government, and society.
- Updated thematic maps, including on population growth, economic growth, agriculture, health spending, and refugee populations.
- 41 new images for Afghanistan, Slovenia, Suriname, Tajikistan, The Gambia, Timor-Leste, Togo, and Tuvalu.
- Updates to CIA country data for 18 categories.
Click on the links below for more information about World Geography and Culture: