About This Product
This vibrant selection of documentaries, interviews, biographies, and how-to videos spans the visual arts—from sculpture, painting, and photography to history, theory, criticism, and appreciation—with enough range to suit the needs of both basic and advanced courses.
- Photo – the 12-part series from Arte France that traces the adventure of photography as an art form, from its beginnings up through the 21st century, revealing the hidden stories and trade secrets concealed in a series of photographs.
- Palettes: Great Artists and Their Paintings, along with Palettes II and III – the massive 50-part series from Arte France, featuring Louvre art historian and critic Alain Jaubert’s scrutinizing take on classic works.
- Making Masterpieces series – both the original A History of Painting Technique and its follow-up, A History of Painting Concepts. Twelve parts total.
- Heaven on Earth: Monuments to Belief – a six-part series documenting how religions have expressed their spiritual devotion through architecture and art.
- Inside the Tate Modern: A Century of Modern Art – a five-part series showing, through the works of 35 modern masters, how art evolved in the 20th century.
- Soup Cans and Superstars: How Pop Art Changed the World – a BBC film that takes a fresh look at one of the most important art movements of the 20th century.
- Civilizations – a nine-part PBS series that reveals the role art and creative imagination have played in forging humanity and introduces viewers to works of beauty, ingenuity, and illumination across cultures.
- Citizen Loewy—How a Frenchman Designed the American Dream – program about French designer Raymond Loewy, who was a star when the American way of life was at its flamboyant capitalist peak and who styled his own destiny as a Hollywood thriller with a tragic end.
- Documenting the Face of America: Roy Stryker and the FSA/OWI Photographers – critically acclaimed documentary on the government photography project that captured the iconic images of the Great Depression.
- Vertical City: Ten Skyscraper Case Studies and Vertical City 2 – a 22-part series that illuminates the design and building process behind the world’s tallest towers.
- Realism: The Artistic Form of the Truth and Romanticism: Imagining Freedom – multiple-award winners by Films for the Humanities & Sciences.
- The Art of Germany, Art of America, Art of Russia, Art of Spain, Art of China, and Art of Scandinavia – six series spanning more than fifteen hours of programming from the BBC.
- Documentaries on the life and work of prominent artists and architects throughout history, including da Vinci, Noguchi, Kahlo, Bernini, Michelangelo, van Eyck, Warhol, Gehry, Duchamp, Hockney, Matisse, Serra, Lin, Chihuly, Goya, Libeskind, Dürer, Pollock, Kandinsky, and many others.
- Images: 150 Years of Photography – a six-part series of film essays that looks at various aspects of photography throughout its history.
- Smart Secrets of Great Paintings – ten 30-minute programs show how a painted image echoes the spirit of its time and relates to a particular historic event.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material