About This Product
In a world of bubbles and busts, extreme poverty and astronomical wealth, rapidly emerging worldwide markets and a digital revolution that is transforming practically everything, few video collections are more crucial to keeping up with changing times. Economic theory, basic business education, accounting and finance fundamentals, business ethics and law, management and marketing—it’s all here, in depth.
This collection is available as a single-subject collection or as part of the Films On Demand Master Academic Collection.
- WE THE ECONOMY – Paul G. Allen’s Vulcan Productions and Morgan Spurlock’s Cinelan partnered with award-winning film directors to create this series of short films in an effort to drive awareness and a better understanding of the U.S. economy. Created with oversight from top economic experts and advisors, this unique collection covers important concepts such as supply and demand, how Wall Street influences the economy, the economic impact of foreign aid, the causes of recession, and other issues central to developing an understanding of economics and society.
- More than 70 titles from CNBC, including business case studies, investigative looks at the U.S. and global economies, profiles of heads of industry and companies that impact our daily lives, the popular How I Made My Millions series on entrepreneurship, and the Peabody Award-winning The Age of Wal-Mart: Inside America’s Most Powerful Company.
- The CLIOs, 2000–2013 – 13 years (and counting), totaling more than 35 hours of winning entries across all categories from this prestigious awards program.
- CEO Exchange: Conversations in Leadership – a 20-hour series of interviews with internationally recognized and respected business leaders, including General Electric’s Jack Welch and CEOs from Boeing, Dow Chemical, Amazon, Saatchi & Saatchi, Merck, Dell, FedEx, and more.
- Accounting Fundamentals – a four-part series that provides an overview of accounting practices and concepts.
- Underhand Tactics: Investigating Corporate Culture – an eight-hour series investigating the socioeconomic impact of mega-companies on families, communities, and the environment—locally and across the globe.
- Ethical Markets – more than 90 episodes from seven seasons of the groundbreaking series that examines major aspects of rapidly accelerating change in today’s interconnected global economy.
- Inside the Founders: Studies in Business – in 12 short-form videos, company founders share their stories, philosophies, and advice, covering topics such as business planning, marketing, people management, sales, and more.
- Business Finance Essentials: How to Read a Financial Statement – covers the basics of reading and understanding a business’s ultimate scorecard.
- Professionalism 101: Skills to Succeed and Advance at Work – a three-part series with advice on how to behave in the workplace—professional image, business etiquette, and working with others, including social media and 21st-century technology.
- The Deep Dive: One Company’s Secret Weapon for Innovation – a rare behind-the-scenes look at IDEO, one of the most influential product development firms in the world.
- Globalization: Winners and Losers – a no-nonsense documentary that addresses the pros and cons of doing business in the global marketplace.
- Fortune Hunters: Turning Trends into Profits – a 19-part series that examines new and emerging trends in business and marketing, and how entrepreneurs are profiting from them.
- Business Is Blooming: The International Floral Industry – a fascinating case study that’s about way more than flowers, this documentary describes a global market in detail—how supply and demand, seasonal dynamics, global competition, and other issues affect the production and transportation of a fragile, perishable commodity.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material