About This Product
Technology isn’t just changing how work gets done across various industries—it’s also changing the process of searching for and getting a job in the first place. Online portfolios, social networking, webcam interviews—these new realities are not replacing traditional ones such as résumés, cover letters, and a firm handshake; this technology has become an additional aspect of the modern job search to be mastered. This collection covers all the bases, from the tried and true to the cutting edge, while also providing overviews of career fields across the spectrum and insights into the necessary skills for success on the job.
This collection is available as a single-subject collection or as part of the Films On Demand Master Career & Technical Education Video Collection.
- The Complete Career Clusters – a 16-part series of overviews of jobs in every sector, including health services, information technology, hospitality and tourism, law, marketing, public administration, finance, business management, manufacturing, education, scientific and engineering services, architecture and construction, communications, the arts, and more.
- Career Advantage: Strategies for Success – multiple-award-winning 26-part series that guides students through the phases of career development, from self-knowledge and values assessment to networking and résumé building, and ultimately to implementation of their determined goals.
- Breaking Big – a 12-part series from PBS exploring how some of today’s most compelling artists, innovators, athletes, and political leaders pushed, prodded, and cajoled the major opportunities that would make their careers.
- You’re the Boss: Starting and Running Your Own Business – a comprehensive five-part series that is an invaluable nuts-and-bolts resource for budding entrepreneurs.
- Professionalism 101: Skills to Succeed and Advance at Work – a three-part series with tips and advice on how to behave in the workplace. Touches on the finer points of professional image, business etiquette, and working with others—including social media and 21st-century technology.
- More than 200 Career Q&A: Professional Advice and Insight videos – candid interviews with professionals across multiple industries.
- LinkedIn for Networking and Job Search: Basic and Advanced Techniques – a solid presence on the career networking site LinkedIn is essential for today’s job seekers, and this video provides guidance for both beginners and those who already have a profile.
- Disabilities at Work: Successful Job Hunting for People with Disabilities – a three-part series on how to overcome the challenges that a disability can bring to the job search process.
- Communication Essentials – an award-winning four-part series on the cornerstones of communication—listening, speaking, writing, and reading—and how important they are to a successful job search and job performance.
- Top Careers in Two Years – an 11-part series highlighting solid careers that students can pursue with a two-year associate’s degree.
- Job Interview Mistakes: What NOT to Say or Do – there are no surefire ways to ace an interview, but there are plenty of ways to sabotage it. This video focuses on common pitfalls to avoid.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material