About This Product
Want to learn what it takes to develop a game-changing app? Study robots? Navigate the world of Big Data? The Computer Science and Information Technology Video Collection covers all of those things and more, with videos on IT, database management, programming, robots, networking and servers, and web development, including dozens of WatchIT professional education programs. This versatile collection features programs on the history of computers, and on sociological and cultural aspects of computing in addition to new programs that cover the core Computer Science and Information Technology curricula.
- Database Management Systems & IT – learn more about business intelligence and data management with titles including Digital Memory Gatekeepers; Data Mining: Big Data’s Increasing Challenge and Payoff; Data: Ethical Use and Storage; and Joy of Data.
- Information Technology – the ins and outs of IT, from hardware to security to virtual reality. Titles include Internet Security Specialist and Computer Systems Analyst from the exclusive Career Q&A: Professional Advice and Insight series; BBC’s Inside the Dark Web; WatchIT’s four-part Internet and Social Software: What You Need to Know series; and TEDTalks from important figures in computer science and technology, including Avi Rubin, Shyam Sankar, George Dyson, and Mikko Hyppönen.
- Programming – videos on developing apps, games, and software, as well as data structures and programming languages. Titles include the two-part Creating Mobile Apps series; Getting into Games, which ventures behind the scenes to explore the making of games as well as examining their uses in education and leisure; and Introduction to Programming: Unlocking the Secrets, which examines the basic steps involved in producing any piece of software, from identifying the goal to documentation.
- Robotics – titles that provide in-depth insights into the future of robotics, including Squeeze Me: Robots in Dementia Therapy; Inside Science’s two-part Artificial Intelligence series; and Living with Robots, which introduces viewers to the world’s most advanced androids that look and talk like us, the world’s deadliest robots that kill for us, and the world’s smartest robots that learn from us.
- Telecom, Networking & the Internet – find out more about networking, cloud computing, and web development with titles such as Developing a Website; Disconnected: A Month without Computers, and WatchIT’s three-part The Cloud Computing Landscape series.
Titles within the collection are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Conveniently segmented for lecture and in-class use
- Unlimited access from any location—on campus or off
- More than 110 hours of educational videos, lectures, and documentaries from top producers
- Custom Content Upload Option
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Easily embed videos into Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, or other CMS
- Tablet, mobile, PC & Mac friendly
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material