About This Product
With several hundred titles spanning criminal investigation, legal studies, criminology, and the justice system, this collection covers the basics and also digs deep into the intricacies of topics such as forensic science, homeland security, police training, the criminal mind, juvenile justice, cybercrime, human rights, and more.
- Equal Justice Under Law: Landmark Cases in Supreme Court History – a classic six-part series that investigates the role of the Supreme Court by looking at landmark cases that set major precedents.
- In the Line of Duty – more than 50 titles from this no-nonsense law enforcement training series. Topics include pat downs, street interrogation techniques, AMBER Alert pursuits, drug-related stops, terror-related scenarios, and much more.
- Due Process: Understanding the U.S. Criminal Justice System – the essential introductory series that outlines the basics of crime, law, enforcement, evidence, forensics, and the court system.
- Hours of documentaries on juvenile justice, including The Child Welfare System: In the Child’s Best Interest (Edward R. Murrow Award and multiple Emmys); From the Inside: Personal Challenges for Teens Reentering Society (Telly Award winner); Pendleton Juvenile Prison (three-part series); Cradle to Jail: The Kids of Lake County (11-part series); and more.
- Death Sentence: The Story of Capital Punishment – a documentary that explores capital punishment through historical examples and interviews with legal scholars.
- Witness to Execution: Capital Punishment – Emmy Award-winning program led by Ted Koppel.
- Forensics School: Inside a Criminal Justice Training Center – a five-part series that goes inside the Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation program at the U.K.’s renowned University of Central Lancashire.
- Scammed – a 13-part series revealing the most prevalent types of scam crimes in operation today, from identity theft and credit card skimming to elder fraud and more.
- More than 15 contemporary and classic documentaries from HBO, including Homegrown: The Counter-Terror Dilemma; Heroin: Cape Cod, USA; Requiem for the Dead: American Spring 2014; Thought Crimes: The Case of the Cannibal Cop; Three Days of Terror: The Charlie Hebdo Attacks; 5 American Handguns—5 American Kids; The Iceman and the Psychiatrist; and more.
- Eyewitness: Memory in Criminal Investigation – a three-hour series that reveals the science behind the role of memory in criminal investigation.
- Cybercrime: World Wide War 3.0 – taking a global approach, this documentary examines several forms of cybercrime and their impact on law enforcement, national security, the corporate world, and society at large.
- Mapping Murder: Investigative Psychology Meets Geographical Profiling – a six-part series that spotlights renowned investigative psychologist David Canter as he analyzes some of the most notorious crimes on record.
- The Age of Terror: A Survey of Modern Terrorism – the acclaimed four-part series that provides unprecedented interviews with dozens of bombers, gunmen, hijackers, kidnappers, and radical leaders as it scrutinizes key terror campaigns that changed the course of modern history.
- Welcome to Warren: Inmates and Guards on Life in Prison – featured at Sundance and winner of the Silverdocs Jury Award, this sobering documentary focuses not just on inmates but on guards as well.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Conveniently segmented for lecture and in-class use
- Unlimited access from any location—on campus or off
- More than 765 hours of educational videos, lectures, and documentaries from top producers
- Custom Content Upload Option
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Easily embed videos into Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, or other CMS
- Tablet, mobile, PC & Mac friendly
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material