About This Product
Earthquakes and volcanoes, ice ages and global warming, rainforests and hydrothermal vents. The Earth is as complex as it is beautiful, and this collection is filled with documentaries and educational titles that serve to unravel the complexity while highlighting the beauty. The next best thing to fieldwork, these videos will add context to what is taught in lectures and bring life to what is learned from textbooks.
- How the Earth Was Made – a mesmerizing 22-part series from A&E on the absolute beginning of Earth’s history, with in-depth looks at famous locales, including Yellowstone, the San Andreas Fault, the Ring of Fire, Death Valley, the Atacama Desert, Loch Ness, Krakatoa, and more.
- Biomes of the Earth: Core Concepts Video Clip Collection – a comprehensive library of 50 segments—breathtakingly filmed in locations around the world—that will open viewers’ eyes as it covers key biological, environmental, and geological concepts associated with the ecological communities forming the biosphere. Ideal for intermittent classroom use.
- How Earth Made Us: The Untold Story of History – a breathtaking five-hour BBC series that reveals the powerful influence of geology, geography, and climate on humanity’s development, from the birth of agriculture to the industrial revolution and beyond.
- Cambridge Core Science Series: GeoBasics – an eight-part series, which made Science Books & Films’ annual “Best Films” list, providing a well-rounded overview of the study of the Earth, its systems, and humankind’s impact. Includes coverage of plate tectonics, rocks and minerals, oceans and seas, geocycles, energy and resources, and more.
- Years of Living Dangerously – Emmy Award-winning nine-part documentary series exploring the global human impact of climate change, from the damage wrought by Superstorm Sandy to the upheaval caused by drought in the Middle East.
- Fierce Earth, Series 1 & 2 – a 20-part adventure, featuring footage from the BBC and other natural history archives, that examines the power of nature’s fury with jaw-dropping images.
- The Arctic Circle – filmed in some of the Earth’s most beautiful and desolate locations, a two-part series that marries hard science with dramatic live-action footage and sophisticated computer graphics to tell the story of climate change at the top of the world.
- Atlantic: Wildest Ocean on Earth – the Atlantic is an ocean everyone thinks they know, but what we see from the shore is only a fraction of the story as uncovered in this three-part series.
- Voyage of the Continents, Series 1 & 2 – a 10-part look at how massive tectonic forces have sculpted and re-sculpted our world in a never-ending journey.
- Rivers and Life: How Waterways Cradle and Confound Human Society – a six-hour series that guides viewers through cultures and countries shaped by rivers, including the Amazon, Ganges, Mississippi, Nile, Rhine, and Yangtze.
- The Once Good Earth: Understanding Soil – a program that takes viewers deep inside that unseen realm, focusing on the chemical and ecological complexity that enriches soil and sustains plant and animal life.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across 10 distinct, browsable subject categories (e.g., Climate, Earth’s Composition, Internal Processes, Historical Geology), enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Conveniently segmented for lecture and in-class use
- Unlimited access from any location—on campus or off
- More than 270 hours of educational videos, lectures, and documentaries from top producers
- Custom Content Upload Option
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Easily embed videos into Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, or other CMS
- Tablet, mobile, PC & Mac friendly
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material