About This Product
From teaching the “soft skills,” such as time management and mitigating stress, that can boost academic success, to warning about alcohol and drugs, peer pressure, and other dangers inherent to becoming a young adult, this collection covers life lessons that aren’t always taught in class, but that can be just as important in preparing for life after graduation.
This collection is available as a single-subject collection or as part of the Films On Demand Master Career & Technical Education Video Package.
- Introduction to Information Literacy – learn how to find credible sources on the Internet, read and evaluate a topic critically, and notate your sources. Ethical issues are also addressed.
- Academic Success: Smart Tips for Serious Students – a six-part series that covers time management, critical thinking, listening and note-taking, studying and test-taking, and more.
- Combating Conflict with Character – a five-part Telly Award-winning series that helps viewers navigate dilemmas surrounding bullying, peer pressure, prejudice, unresolved anger, and general conflict management.
- Consent on Campus: A Nightline Event – brings together important voices on this controversial issue to one of the largest campuses in the country, Penn State.
- Communication Essentials – a popular four-part series produced by Films for the Humanities & Sciences featuring critical skills for listening, writing, speaking, and reading.
- Drugs: The Straight Facts – a five-part series presenting honest information on the repercussions of abusing alcohol, marijuana, cocaine and crack, narcotics, and inhalants.
- The Dark Side of Adderall and Other “Study Drugs” – a powerful documentary that serves as a cautionary tale to any student who thinks off-label ADHD medication can provide a shortcut to academic success.
- Think b4 u Post: Your Reputation and Privacy on Social Networking Sites – playful yet serious, this film warns about unforeseen consequences of indiscriminate posting of pictures and personal details on social media sites, which can often feel less public and ephemeral than they truly are.
- Depression: Out of the Shadows – PBS documentary that provides an unflinching portrait of depression and explores the opportunities for treatment, recovery, and a hopeful future.
- Nurturing Leadership – are leaders born or made? This video shows that, while certain personality traits may influence leadership abilities, there are also leadership qualities that can be learned and nurtured.
- More than 20 Reaching Teens programs from the American Academy of Pediatrics offering valuable information for teens on living and coping in the world.
- Sleep and the College Student – a concise, effective film highlighting the importance of sleep in staying healthy, alert, and involved.
- Being Gay: Coming Out in the 21st Century – presents the accounts and stories of people who have recently taken the step of coming out, the benefits of this transition, and the dangers of running away from sexual self-acceptance. A World Gold Medal winner from the New York Festivals.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material