About This Product
Documentaries on the full spectrum of diseases and disorders, titles on human anatomy and physiology, investigations into public health issues, programming on nutrition and wellness, instructional films on health care and treatment, primers on careers in health and medicine—this comprehensive collection of titles covers the wide range of topics relevant to anyone studying health and medicine.
This collection is available as a single-subject collection or as part of the Films On Demand Master Academic Video Package.
- World Medicine – a 40-episode look at ancestral medical practices from all over the planet and the lives of the women and men who care for others.
- Reinventing Healthcare—A Fred Friendly Seminar – a panel of who’s who in the health care industry explores the dilemmas and urgently needed policy decisions surrounding what has become, literally, a life-or-death issue.
- Multiple episodes of the BBC’s acclaimed Horizon series, including Immortal?: A Horizon Guide to Aging; Diet: A Look at Processed Food, Nutrition, and Obesity in the 20th Century; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; The Truth about Fat; Sex, A Horizon Guide; E-Cigarettes: Miracle or Menace? and more.
- Healthy Eating: A Guide to Nutrition – a five-part series that covers basic nutrition, weight management, eating disorders, nutrition for athletes, and food safety and disease prevention.
- The People’s Health – through six powerful observational films based on compelling human dramas, explore major health issues facing the world today, such as what makes a good doctor, how to work with big pharma, and how to provide affordable care to the poor.
- Kill or Cure, Series 1–4 – a 48-part series that focuses on a different disease and the attempts to develop treatments that are effective and affordable for the world’s poor in each episode.
- The Trouble with Chicken – investigates the complex world of food safety through interviews with local and national public health officials as well as victims and a top-level poultry industry executive. This PBS documentary reveals the discrepancies that exist when it comes to foodborne bacteria such as Salmonella.
- The Human Body: How It Works – comprehensive nine-part series that details the inner and outer workings of the human machine.
- Aged Care – a six-part allied health series on how to manage common and serious health problems among elderly populations.
- Titles that address the U.S. opiate epidemic, including Chasing Heroin; Breaking Point: Heroin in America; Heroin: Cape Cod, USA; Oxyana; and The Severe Dangers of Opioid Painkiller Fentanyl.
- Ken Burns Presents: Cancer—The Emperor of All Maladies – six-hour PBS series that interweaves a sweeping historical narrative with intimate stories about contemporary patients and an investigation into the latest scientific breakthroughs that may have brought us to the brink of lasting cures.
- Several titles on alcohol use and abuse, including Louis Theroux: Drinking to Oblivion; The Truth about Alcohol; and Is Binge Drinking Really That Bad?
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material