About This Product
An essential resource for any university’s career center or counseling department, and a powerful educational tool for colleges offering associate degrees, our Master Career & Technical Education Package consists of thousands of titles that can guide students toward a long, successful career and a well-balanced life, regardless of their field of study. Featuring exclusive producers such as Shopware, Cambridge Educational, and Meridian Education, this package also meets Perkins guidelines.
- Careers and Job Search Collection – Technology isn’t just changing how work gets done across various industries—it’s also changing the process of searching for and getting a job in the first place. Online portfolios, social networking, webcam interviews—these new realities are not simply replacing traditional ones such as résumés, cover letters, and a firm handshake; this technology has become an additional aspect of the modern job search to be mastered. This collection covers all the bases, from the tried and true to the cutting edge, while also providing overviews of career fields across the spectrum and insights into the necessary skills for success on the job.
- Technical & Trade Education Collection – How does a hybrid car engine work compared to a gas engine? How do construction blueprints differ from electrical blueprints? The hundreds of titles in this collection will help prepare students interested in vocational trades, including construction, cosmetology, communication, agriculture, applied engineering, and more.
- Guidance & Counseling Collection – From teaching the “soft skills,” such as time management and mitigating stress, that can boost academic success, to warning about alcohol and drugs, peer pressure, and other dangers inherent to becoming a young adult, this collection covers life lessons that aren’t always taught in class, but that can be just as important in preparing for life after graduation.
- Computer Science and Information Technology Collection – Want to learn what it takes to develop a game-changing app? Study robots? Navigate the world of Big Data? The Computer Science and Information Technology Video Collection covers all of those things and more. This versatile collection features programs on the history of computers, and on sociological and cultural aspects of computing in addition to new programs that cover the core computer science and information technology curricula.
- Fashion Studies Collection – A solid complement to university and community college fashion programs, this collection features entertaining and enlightening programs on the history of fashion, cultural impact of styles, and the careers and works of great designers such as Karl Lagerfeld, Vera Wang, Giorgio Armani, and more. For fashion students who aspire one day to see their works on both the runway and the red carpet, this collection is their first stop for ideas and inspiration.
- Visual & Performing Arts Collection – Covering art, dance, drama & theater, media studies, and music — this robust collection celebrates the history, appreciation and craftsmanship of creative expression. Offering historical studies of all genre from masterpieces of classical music to Shakespearean theater and modern explorations of applied arts—from drawing to sculpture – media studies covering films and broadcasting‚and a global perspective offering performing arts from around the world.
- Visual Communications Collection – Graphic Design, Photography and Film & Video Production is included in this collection, covering every aspect of visual production from the script writing process, to film editing, cinematography and post-production graphics work. Find every manner of visual communication training within the 400+ programs within this collection devoted to modern visual storytelling.
- Conveniently segmented for lecture and in-class use
- Unlimited access from any location—on campus or off
- Mobile app available for Apple iOS and Android
- Custom Content Upload Option
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Easily embed videos into Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, or other CMSs
- Tablet, mobile, PC & Mac friendly
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material