About This Product
An essential resource for any university’s career center or counseling department, and a powerful educational tool for colleges offering associate degrees, our Master Career & Technical Education Collection consists of thousands of titles that can guide students toward a long, successful career and a well-balanced life, regardless of their field of study. Featuring exclusive producers such as Shopware, Cambridge Educational, and Meridian Education, this collection also meets Perkins guidelines.
- Careers and Job Search Collection – Technology isn’t just changing how work gets done across various industries—it’s also changing the process of searching for and getting a job in the first place. Online portfolios, social networking, webcam interviews—these new realities are not simply replacing traditional ones such as résumés, cover letters, and a firm handshake; this technology has become an additional aspect of the modern job search to be mastered. This collection covers all the bases, from the tried and true to the cutting edge, while also providing overviews of career fields across the spectrum and insights into the necessary skills for success on the job.
- Technical & Trade Education Collection – How does a hybrid car engine work compared to a gas engine? How do construction blueprints differ from electrical blueprints? The hundreds of titles in this collection will help prepare students interested in vocational trades, including construction, cosmetology, communication, agriculture, applied engineering, and more.
- Guidance & Counseling Collection – From teaching the “soft skills,” such as time management and mitigating stress, that can boost academic success, to warning about alcohol and drugs, peer pressure, and other dangers inherent to becoming a young adult, this collection covers life lessons that aren’t always taught in class, but that can be just as important in preparing for life after graduation.
- Family & Consumer Sciences Collection – First aid, nutrition and diet, child care, kitchen and food safety, financial health, safe driving, fashion and interiors, independent living—the broad foundations of this collection provide just a hint at the hundreds of multifaceted titles it contains. From raising confident children and building psychological resilience, to understanding a 401(k) and confronting the dangers of texting and driving, this collection covers a wealth of life lessons.
- Conveniently segmented for lecture and in-class use
- Unlimited access from any location—on campus or off
- Create Your Own Video Intro feature
- “Featured This Month” Calendar
- Custom Content Upload Option
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Easily embed videos into Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, or other CMS
- Tablet, mobile, PC & Mac friendly
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material