About This Product
The breadth of this collection is unrivaled: reviews of classic studies; overviews of foundational and contemporary theories; case studies of psychological disorders; instructional titles on research methods and statistics; interviews with prominent psychologists; documentaries on topics such as personality, sexuality, aging, happiness, and intelligence; and more.
- The Brain, with David Eagleman – six-part PBS series that explores the wonders of the human brain and reveals why we feel and think the things we do. This ambitious project blends science with innovative visual effects and compelling personal stories and addresses some big questions.
- Into the Mind – the highly acclaimed three-hour BBC series that traces the history of experimental psychology, from dubious beginnings to the profound new understanding that neuroscience has revealed about emotions, free will, and the mind itself.
- Right Between Your Ears – through the eyes of a group of people convinced that they knew the date of the end of the world, this program explores how people believe, how we turn beliefs into certainties, and how we then mistake them for the truth.
- Films on leading psychologists and their experiments and theories—including Freud, Jung, Dewey, Piaget, Spock, Skinner, Milgram, Loftus, Bandura, Davidson, Ainsworth, and others.
- Close to Home – Bill Moyers’s unforgettable five-hour series on addiction.
- Forty titles by Davidson Films, including the 10-part Giants of Psychology series, plus titles on geriatric aging, childhood learning, and more.
- Minds on the Edge: Facing Mental Illness—A Fred Friendly Seminar – multiple-award-winning seminar on the challenge of caring for America’s mentally ill, featuring prominent mental health professionals, policymakers, and legal luminaries.
- More than 45 titles on addiction from Hazelden Publishing.
- Animated Neuroscience and the Action of Nicotine, Cocaine, and Marijuana in the Brain – CINE Golden Eagle Award-winning program that takes viewers deep into the brain to study the effects of these three substances.
- In the Shadow of Feeling – a powerful look at the factors that can transform a child into a psychopath. COMMFFEST Award winner.
- Becoming Me: The Gender Within – Telly Award-winning documentary that profiles five transgendered individuals, two of whom are undergoing reassignment surgery.
- Key Issues in Psychological Research – covers ethical guidelines for research and reasons for breaching those guidelines; how to address research justification, use of knowledge, and interpretation of findings in a socially sensitive research proposal; and how to be aware of social construction and possible ethnocentric biases.
- Cutting-edge presentations on contemporary issues from the TED and Falling Walls series of scholarly talks, including Oliver Sacks (on hallucinations), Nancy Etcoff (on the science of happiness), V. S. Ramachandran (on brain anomalies), Antonio Damasio (on consciousness), Patricia Kuhl (on infant language learning), Paul Zak (on the biology of morality), Temple Grandin (on the value of autistic thinking), and more. (Exclusive academic distribution)
This collection is a flexible, essential tool for any psychology educator. All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material