About This Product
Covering art, dance, drama and theater, media studies, and music, this robust collection celebrates the history, appreciation, and craftsmanship of creative expression. It offers historical studies of all genres, from masterpieces of classical music to Shakespearean theater; modern explorations of applied arts from drawing to sculpture; and media studies covering films and broadcasting. Plus, this collection provides a global perspective by showcasing performing arts from around the world.
This collection is available as a single-subject collection or as part of the Films On Demand Master Career & Technical Education Video Package.
- Eras of Music History – a four-part series that makes the soundtrack to European history come alive with graphic novels, historical scenes, jam sessions and commentaries by classical stars, footnotes from political figures, philosophers and cultural scholars that are woven together with video and audio documents of the history of great performances.
- Discovering Masterpieces of Classical Music – provides introductions to great classical composers and their major works. Each series includes a documentary film about a composer and a complete concert performance of the featured work.
- Great Artists (Series 1) – a 14-part series in which art historian Tim Marlow takes a fresh look at the most important artworks of some of the greatest artists in history. Shot on location in over 50 galleries, museums, churches, and palaces throughout Europe and the United States, Great Artists (Series 1) is a comprehensive survey of the history of Western art.
- Great Artists (Series 2) – an 11-part series that explores the lives and works of some of art history’s most influential artists including Piero della Francesca, Holbein, Caravaggio, and Whistler. Shot in ten countries and in over forty churches and galleries, Tim Marlow takes us on a unique tour of the life and times of the artists and examines what makes them great.
- Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind – a love letter to a unique and irrepressible comic talent, who left us far too soon, Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind takes viewers through the one-of-a-kind actor and comedian’s extraordinary life and career, revealing what drove him to give voice to the incredible characters he created in his mind.
- A Film and Its Era – what happens behind the scenes of a movie production? How does the director handle his actors and his team? What is the social and political background of each film production? Is it something that had an effect on the film? This 26-part series of documentaries is the ultimate reference that will shed a light on these topics, answering these questions and many more.
- Shakespeare Uncovered – six episodes combine history, biography, iconic performances, new analysis, and the personal passion of its celebrated hosts—Ethan Hawke, Jeremy Irons, Derek Jacobi, Trevor Nunn, Joely Richardson, and David Tennant—to tell the story behind the stories of Shakespeare’s greatest plays.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Mobile app available for Apple iOS and Android
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Create and share quizzes within videos
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material