About This Product
A rare view of what rush hour in London looked like in 1897. The dramatic and suspenseful newsreel announcing the crash of the Hindenburg zeppelin. President Ronald Reagan’s challenging speech at the Brandenburg Gate. Throughout modern history, cameras have recorded public events, wars, cultural phenomena, and government programs. The Archival Films and Newsreels Video Collection is a treasure trove of archival and historical films from multiple sources.
- The Prelinger Archives – a collection of films relating to U.S. cultural and social history and the evolution of everyday life in America.
- The WPA Film Library – more than 2,800 clips and newsreels from the late 1800s onward.
- The United Newsreel collection – the series of newsreels produced by the U.S. Office of War Information during World War II.
- The Universal Newsreel collection – a series of seven- to 10-minute newsreels produced by Universal Studios that were released twice per week between 1929 and 1967.
- Recordings from the National Archives and Records Administration of historic speeches and events.
- Unlimited, simultaneous access to thousands of full-length videos and clips, on-site or off
- High-interest videos of historical and cultural importance, dating from before World War I to today
- Public performance rights to facilitate library programming and presentations
- Full language support with Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts on many titles
- Free MARC records for every video
- Marketing tools to increase patron awareness
- Continuous Play and Loop Playlist options
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material
- Encourage community building
- Create and enhance library programming opportunities
- Add exciting visual content to your reference desk
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
- Provide easily accessible, meaningful video content for learners of all ages
Nat’l Archives and Records Administration
The WPA Film Library