About This Product
Chelsea House Biographies is a one-stop online resource for all the biography needs of middle and high school students, or anyone interested in discovering the lives of fascinating people. Featuring full-length biographies from Chelsea House, the leading publisher of biographies for the school and library market, Chelsea House Biographies presents the most important, influential, and interesting personalities in the United States and the world. The award-winning content includes both contemporary and historical subjects, from world leaders and famed explorers to popular celebrities and key figures from various cultural backgrounds. Each curriculum-related or high-interest biography is the ideal length for book reports—with text equivalent to 100+ pages—perfect for students to fully discover their subject.
This user-friendly online reference site features an easy-to-navigate interface, allowing users to browse in-depth biographies by occupation, time period, collection, gender, or A-to-Z listing. Search Assist technology is available when searching by name, and dynamic search filters help narrow results. In addition to captivating narratives, there are timelines, image galleries, and sidebars offering additional facts. The attractive, clearly organized design encourages students to discover new people of interest. The useful “Resources for Writing a Report” covers valuable tips such as how to write a biography report, how to improve your writing, how to use a timeline, and more.
- In-Depth, Book-Length Biographies: fascinating accounts of the lives of key people across all eras and professions, along with all the basic information on each person’s life and accomplishments—each equivalent to 100+ pages
- “Learn More About” Sidebars: informative looks at related topics or interesting subjects
- Timelines: event-by-event listings of major life highlights
- Multiple Browse Views: browsable by collections such as Asian Americans of Achievement, Football Superstars, or Leaders of the Civil War Era; by occupation; by time period; by gender; or by A-to-Z listing
- User-Friendly Search: two-tiered search results, organized first by name for biography results and then by in-text results for users looking for additional material; dynamic search filter options
- “Resources for Writing a Report”: useful writing tips in one easy-to-access location
- Image Galleries
- Monthly Featured Biographies: highlighting themes, events, and popular topics
- Book-length biographies appropriate for book reports and other assignments
- Google Translate for 100+ languages
- Search Assist technology
- Persistent record links
- Dynamic citations in MLA and Chicago formats
- Searchable Support Center with valuable help materials, how-to tips, tutorials, and live help chat.
Library Journal Best Databases
“The well-written material is current…The writing is engaging and accessible to young readers…loaded with curriculum-worthy content, all of which is easy to find thanks to effective, user-friendly navigation.”
School Library Journal