About This Product
This collection comprehensively covers health and wellness. Documentary and instructional programming includes subjects such as diet and nutrition, aging, mental health, workouts and physical fitness, the full spectrum of diseases and disorders, human anatomy and physiology, public health issues, health care and treatment, substance abuse, and more.
- Healthy Eating: A Guide to Nutrition – a five-part series that covers basic nutrition, weight management, eating disorders, nutrition for athletes, and food safety and disease prevention.
- My Workout – 25 energetic episodes of this popular television series featuring an assortment of celebrity fitness instructors leading a variety of half-hour workouts.
- Medical Revolution – eight programs that bring viewers to the front lines of medical research, where conventional treatments are being challenged. From preventing Alzheimer’s, treating chronic back pain and allergies, and understanding how our gut microbiome affects our health, these findings offer the promise of changing our lives for the better.
- More than 340 high-quality, engaging short videos from The Wellness Network that help promote patient engagement with the goal of improving overall health outcomes.
- Ken Burns Presents: Cancer—The Emperor of All Maladies – a three-part series based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Siddhartha Mukherjee that tells the complete story of cancer, from its first description in an ancient Egyptian scroll to the gleaming laboratories of modern research institutions.
- Happy Body – 30 episodes of this wellness program featuring leading physiotherapist Anna-Louise Bouvier, including the series Fabulous 40s and 50s; Sensational 60s and 70s; Slumpy Kids; Tips for Travel; and At Your Desk.
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto – journalist Michael Pollan distills a career’s worth of reporting into a prescription for reversing the damage being done to people’s health by today’s Western diet. Distributed by PBS Distribution.
- Twice Born: Stories from the Special Delivery Unit – a three-part series from PBS that goes inside the groundbreaking medical frontier of fetal surgery with an intimate look at the Special Delivery Unit of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- From HBO, hard-hitting documentaries on America’s battle with addiction, including Meth Storm; Warning: This Drug May Kill You; Risky Drinking; and Heroin: Cape Cod, USA.
- Hard-hitting, feature-length programs from ABC News, including Eating Disorders: The Hunger Within (Peabody Award winner); One Nation, Overdosed; Wonder Boy; Breaking Point: Heroin in America; and more.
- Aged Care – a six-part allied health series on how to manage common and serious health problems among elderly populations.
- The Dark Side of Adderall and Other “Study Drugs” – a powerful documentary that serves as a cautionary tale to anyone who thinks off-label AD/HD medication can provide a shortcut to academic or career success.
- Autism: Insight from Inside – Temple Grandin and other experts explore how autism affects their lives, the benefits and drawbacks to being diagnosed, and how society can help those afflicted lead more fulfilling and productive lives.
- Braindamadj’d Take II: A Case Study in Recovery – a Peabody Award-winning program that illustrates artist Paul Nadler’s recovery from severe brain trauma and his return to a highly physical and creative lifestyle.
Titles within the collection are sorted across 71 distinct, browsable subject categories (e.g., Weight Control & Eating Disorders, Aging, Ethical Issues), enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited, simultaneous access to thousands of full-length videos and clips, on-site or off
- Exclusive, high-interest videos from top producers you won’t find anywhere else—plus, new content added regularly at no additional cost
- Public performance rights to facilitate library programming and presentations
- Full language support with Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts
- Free MARC records for every video
- Marketing tools to increase patron awareness
- Continuous Play and Loop Playlist options
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material
- Encourage community building
- Create and enhance library programming opportunities
- Add exciting visual content to your reference desk
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
- Provide easily accessible, meaningful video content for learners of all ages