About This Product
With a focus on home and how-to content, teen issues, family and life issues, and education, this broad collection is a great resource for library patrons looking for lessons or guidance on a wide range of topics. Subjects include cooking, home improvement, nutrition and diet, gardening, senior living, crafts and antiques, driver’s education, financial literacy, first aid, parenting, sports and fitness, and more.
- Popular cooking shows and personalities, including Julia Child, Christina Cooks, Cheese Slices, Lidia Bastianich, Jamie Oliver, Martin Yan, and more.
- Home improvement television series, including Green-ovating: Home Renovations for a Sustainable World; Cleaning Tips from Shannon Lush; Haley’s Hints: Low-Budget Solutions for House and Home; and more.
- Language lessons in video format, with coverage of Spanish, Chinese, Italian, French, and German.
- How-to videos for art and photography, including How to Take Stunning Photos (six parts) and Simply Painting (12 parts), as well as titles that cover art theory and history, such as Making Masterpieces (12 parts) and Inside the Tate Modern: A Century of Modern Art (five parts).
- Complete seasons of gardening shows, including Growing a Greener World, Garden Style, Organic Gardening, and gardenRx.
- Thoughtful titles on senior living and aging, including Well into Your Future: Mental Health and Aging (three-part series); Aging: Growing Old in a Youth-Centered Culture (two-part series); Adult Health and Development; Living Forever: The Longevity Revolution; and more.
- Hundreds of titles on education that are ideal for homeschooling parents as well as teachers seeking professional development content on teaching methods, best practices for use of technology, application of standards, special needs students, and more.
- Craft and antique series programs, including The American Woodshop, Craft in America, and Model Railways.
- A wide range of fitness programs for patrons of all ages, including Happy Yoga, with Sarah Starr; Pilates Kids; Dashama Konah Gordon: The Prasha Method by Dashama; and workouts from fitness guru Tracie Long.
- Titles on sports, including profiles of top athletes, sports safety titles, and comprehensive overviews of popular team and individual sports.
- Hundreds of guidance titles on the unique issues faced by teenagers, including peer pressure, bullying, dating, substance abuse, character development, stress and anxiety, college prep, eating disorders, violence, and more.
- Several hundred titles on parenting and child care, from pregnancy and discipline to safety and special needs.
- Programming on nutrition and diet, from the basics of MyPlate to the specifics of diets tailored for weight management, athletic performance, and more.
Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited, simultaneous access to thousands of full-length videos and clips, on-site or off
- Exclusive, high-interest videos from top producers you won’t find anywhere else—plus, new content added regularly at no additional cost
- Public performance rights to facilitate library programming and presentations
- Full language support with Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts
- Free MARC records for every video
- Marketing tools to increase patron awareness
- Continuous Play and Loop Playlist options
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material
- Encourage community building
- Create and enhance library programming opportunities
- Add exciting visual content to your reference desk
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
- Provide easily accessible, meaningful video content for learners of all ages