About This Product
The Just for Kids Streaming Collection for public libraries gives children—and their parents—a thoroughly kid-safe, advertisement-free media platform they can freely explore and enjoy. Just for Kids has the educational videos children want to watch—Sesame Street, The Electric Company, The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss, The Berenstain Bears, Franklin, and thousands more—plus songs, games, and other interactives that are sure to entertain, educate, and inspire young patrons. Plus, the collection is ideal for librarians hosting a video storytelling hour, activities for preschoolers and early learners, an after-school or ESL/ELL program, homework help for students, or resources for homeschoolers that they can access anywhere, anytime.
- ABCs & 123s – fun and educational content on the alphabet, learning to read, and numbers and counting, as well as TV shows that are just for fun. Sesame Street, Zumbers, Boom and Reds, Van Dogh, This Is Daniel Cook, This Is Emily Yeung, Raggs, Mickey’s Farm, Atomic Betty, Skatoony, Miss BG, and more are all here!
- Arts & Music – inspiring content on arts and crafts, dance, and music, including the Art with Joy series and the award-winning 42-part series The Toy Castle.
- Health & PE – videos on sports and other activities—including baseball, basketball, lacrosse, soccer, and hockey—plus songs and videos aimed at helping children make and keep friends, build character and manage conflict, develop healthy habits, stay safe, and understand people with special needs, including the song collection Healthy Habits for Early Learners and video series such as Arthur, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Just Like You, and Moving Up to Middle School.
- History – engaging, educational U.S. and world history content, with special sections for biographies and videos about inventions. Young patrons can find the U.S. Government video series, The Presidents’ Rap song collection, and videos such as Famous Explorers, History of Transportation, Harriet Tubman and Her Escape to Freedom, Archaeology: Can You Dig It?, and History’s Biggest Mistakes here.
- Math – hundreds of video and music titles, as well as interactives, covering the basic principles of mathematics plus addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and math in daily life from acclaimed producers such as Apperson and Common Core 4 Kids.
- Peoples & Places – enlightening and fascinating films on countries and cultures, holidays and celebrations, and people in the community, including World of Wonders Costa Rica, Finland, Jordan, Laos, Mexico, and many more.
- Reading & Writing – engaging videos from Reading Rainbow, Nelvana, Rabbit Ears Entertainment, and other producers that bring to life Franklin the Turtle, the Berenstain Bears, and hundreds of beloved children’s books and stories. Young patrons will also find educational videos and audio recordings on grammar, vocabulary, and English as a Second Language (ESL/ELL) from The Electric Company, Mazzarella Media, Sunburst Visual Media, Chip Taylor Productions, and more.
- Sciences – a generous collection of videos, songs, and interactives that make science fun, covering basic principles as well as topics such as computers and technology; the human body; outer space; plants, animals, and insects; and weather and the environment. Videos include the Xploration Station, Little Smart Planet, Animal Atlas, The Fixies, and Full Proof: Scientific Experiments Outdoors.
- World Languages – fun foreign-language audio and video titles as well as titles designed to teach children foreign languages including Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, and American Sign Language.
- Interactives – informative interactives that test reading comprehension, science and math learning modules from Learnetic that support applied learning, and engaging games on a variety of subjects—including math, language arts, geography, and science—that enhance the crucial concepts, themes, ideas, and fact sets taught in the classroom.
- More than 7,400 videos, audio titles, and interactive games, puzzles, and quizzes
- Unlimited, simultaneous access, on-site or off
- Fully responsive and mobile friendly
- High-interest videos from top producers and brands, including Sesame Street, The Electric Company, Common Core 4 Kids, Jim Henson Company, and Rabbit Ears Entertainment
- Hundreds of interactive learning modules from Learnetic—perfect for enhancing studies in math and science outside the classroom
- Content organized into kid-friendly categories that make videos easy to find and enjoy—including All About Nature, Books & Stories Brought to Life, Homework Help, TV Shows (Older Kids), and TV Shows (Younger Kids), plus educational topics such as ABCs & 123s, Arts & Music, Reading & Writing, and more
- Public performance rights to facilitate library programming for kids and their parents
- Full language support with Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts
- Free MARC records for every video
- Colorful and appealing, user-friendly design
- Uses HTTPS in our continued effort to protect the security and privacy of our users
- Marketing tools to increase patron awareness
- A kid-safe environment branded “Just for Kids”—all content is reviewed, vetted, and ad-free
- Entertaining, educational, age-appropriate, and easily accessible content with a focus on early literacy and early elementary students
- Create and enhance library programming opportunities for kids and their parents
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
The Electric Company
The Television Syndication Company
Genuine Pictures, Inc
McIntyre Media Inc
Jordan Music Productions
Common Core 4 Kids
Sunburst Visual Media
Chip Taylor Communications, LLC
GAPC Entertainment, Inc.
Jim Henson Company
Youth Sports Club
Motion Pictures Distribution
Bellum Enterainment/Midori Entertainment
Just Like You Films
Skywriter Media Group
Rabbit Ears Entertainment
Revealing Media Group