About This Product
Equally valuable both to students researching topics and to lifelong learners interested in the latest in technology or scientific research, this enormous collection covers the vast multidisciplinary nature of science and technology. Videos include award-winning documentaries and educational videos covering environmental, physical, and Earth science as well as biology, engineering, geography, mathematics, and technology.
- Disconnected: A Month without Computers – a film that looks at what happens when a group of college students undergo a forced “digital detox.” No email, no Facebook, not even Google for researching term papers. The horror!
- Restoring Paradise: An American Story – a three-part discovery of the California Channel Islands—just 25 miles from Los Angeles—as a paradise that was found, lost, and, in an ecological battle, regained.
- More than 100 episodes of Modern Marvels, featuring the science and engineering behind the materials, structures, machines, and inventions that make up the modern world.
- Big Brother, Big Business: The Data-Mining and Surveillance Industries – a feature-length documentary on the rapidly growing data-mining and surveillance industries, offering case studies and examples of dubious and hurtful information sharing.
- European Inventor Awards 2016 & 2017 – presented by the European Patent Office to 15 individuals and teams whose groundbreaking inventions give answers to the challenges of our time and thus contribute to social progress, economic growth, and prosperity.
- The Crowd & The Cloud – a four-part series that takes viewers on a global tour of the projects and people on the front lines of citizen science and shows how anyone, anywhere can participate.
- Chasing Perfection – a two-part series hosted by Michael Johnson, one of the world’s most successful athletes, examining how sports science helps athletes perform at their highest level.
- The Gene Code – a series documenting many of the strides made in biology, anthropology, and health care as a result of the extraordinary genetic discoveries of the past few decades.
- Deluged By Data: The Infobesity Epidemic – a documentary introducing the data lovers, skeptics, and wired, tired people who go zero tech to escape data overload and “infobesity.”
- Years of Living Dangerously – an Emmy Award–winning nine-part documentary series that explores the global human impact of climate change, from the damage wrought by Superstorm Sandy to the upheaval caused by drought in the Middle East.
- Essential Chemistry: Core Concepts Video Clip Collection – comprehensively covers the fundamentals of chemistry—46 self-contained clips of three to six minutes each.
- How the Earth Was Made – a mesmerizing 22-part series from A&E on the absolute beginning of Earth’s history, with in-depth looks at famous locales including Yellowstone, the San Andreas Fault, the Ring of Fire, Death Valley, the Atacama Desert, Loch Ness, Krakatoa, and more.
- Against All Odds: Inside Statistics – an Annenberg series of 32 video modules that introduces statistical topics in real-world context, visiting locations where people from all walks of life use statistics in their work.
- The Age of Robots – a six-part journey through the state of the art of robotics and artificial intelligence, guiding viewers through the discovery of the most intriguing projects that robotics has to offer and introducing machines and ideas that will impact our future or are already part of our everyday lives.
- StarTalk – Neil deGrasse Tyson brings together celebrities, comedians, and the world’s leading scientific experts to explore a variety of cosmic topics, colliding pop culture and science in a way never seen before.
Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited, simultaneous access to thousands of full-length videos and clips, on-site or off
- Exclusive, high-interest videos from top producers you won’t find anywhere else—plus, new content added regularly at no additional cost
- Public performance rights to facilitate library programming and presentations
- Full language support with Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts
- Free MARC records for every video
- Marketing tools to increase patron awareness
- Continuous Play and Loop Playlist options
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material
- Encourage community building
- Create and enhance library programming opportunities
- Add exciting visual content to your reference desk
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
- Provide easily accessible, meaningful video content for learners of all ages