About This Product
Where would you like to go? This collection puts the world at your fingertips, with a wide variety of high-quality travel programming conveniently organized by regions of the world. The Recreation section includes titles on sports, aviation, boating, fishing, hiking, and more. A deep resource for planning a vacation, and a bonanza for those who prefer armchair traveling.
- Globe Trekker – 50 episodes of the adventure tourism TV program inspired by the Lonely Planet brand of travel guides.
- Alpine Adventurer – the first full season of this series featuring mountaineer and traveler Simon St-Arnaud, as he seeks one-of-a-kind challenges in famous and remote ski destinations.
- The Aviators – the first three seasons (24 episodes) of this popular TV series featuring all things aviation—the people, the latest aircraft, the coolest technology, and the best fly-in destinations.
- Adventure Angler, with Micah Adams – a 10-part series focusing on high-adventure sports and intense sportfishing, hosted by Micah Adams, featuring unique fishing opportunities in New Zealand’s South Island, Australia’s Fraser Island, Papua New Guinea, Florida, and the Bahamas.
- Dream Cruises – a 15-part series giving viewers an inside look at cruises on some of the most extravagant ships and beautiful waters on the planet.
- Rick Steves’ Europe – 40 episodes of the popular public television program featuring Rick Steves, America’s leading authority on European travel.
- Travel Wild – the full first season of this TV show featuring the best in Australian eco-travel adventure—takes viewers to places they may have only dreamed of visiting, and reveals how locals struggle to keep these destinations pristine.
- The National Parks: America’s Best Idea—A Film by Ken Burns – the Emmy Award-winning six-part documentary series.
- Travel Oz – a 24-part series exploring the unique vistas and vibrancy of Australia and its cultural festivals, stunning natural formations, and alluring travel routes, from the cities to the outback.
- Don’t Forget Your Passport – more than 40 episodes of this adventure travel series that explores the most remote destinations on the planet, from the Amazon rainforest to the majestic iceberg-laden fjords of Greenland.
- Journeys to Art: China – a five-part series that takes advantage of the widening access to once-obscure elements of Chinese culture and civilization, and examines the country’s visual icons as well as its little-known treasures.
- Pilot Guides – 18 episodes of this popular TV program that explores major world cities, including trips to Barcelona, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Amsterdam, New Orleans, and more.
- The Great Indian Railway – a two-part series that transports viewers into the spectacle of the Indian railway while providing insight into India’s multifaceted culture as well as the country’s past, present, and future.
Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited, simultaneous access to hundreds of full-length videos and clips, on-site or off
- High-interest videos from top producers and brands, including Rick Steves and Globe Trekker
- Public performance rights to facilitate library programming and presentations
- Full language support with Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts
- Free MARC records for every video
- Marketing tools to increase patron awareness
- Continuous Play and Loop Playlist options
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material
- Encourage community building
- Create and enhance library programming opportunities
- Add exciting visual content to your reference desk
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
- Provide easily accessible, meaningful video content for learners of all ages