Credo Reference: Complete Core
About This Product:
Credo Reference: Complete Core helps patrons of all backgrounds and skill levels locate the information they need. High school students gathering sources for an assignment, lifelong learners investigating their passions, and individuals looking for context around the events shaping the headlines will all find answers with this easy-to-use database. With hundreds of searchable, full-text titles from the world’s foremost publishers, Credo Reference: Complete Core covers every major subject.
- Easy-to-use interface: The intuitive design allows researchers at all levels to easily navigate the platform and discover the information they need.
- Exceptional reference content from the world’s best publishers: Credo Reference: Complete Core features authoritative titles across a wide range of subjects, including art, history, technology, careers, psychology, business, and health. Appropriate for users of all types and ages, Credo Reference: Complete Core includes 3.5 million entries from notable encyclopedias, guides, and handbooks, as well as more than 2,000 instructional videos and 600,000+ contextual visual aids, images, maps, and photographs.
- Multimedia content: 3.5 million full-text entries are searchable alongside thousands of images, audio files, and videos.
- Research support: Features like Mind Map, Research Quick Tips, Key Concepts, summary articles, curated Pro/Con entries, and more help patrons learn valuable research and digital literacy skills at the point of need.
- Discover more: Search results include connections to your other databases, maximizing usage of all of your library’s trusted resources.
- Research Quick Tips: Credo Reference: Complete Core features concise, informative videos embedded throughout the platform to teach patrons foundational skills like selecting and narrowing a topic, evaluating sources, boolean operators, and more.
- Summary articles: 10,000+ summary articles curated for pre-search and topic exploration enable users to gain background information and find direct links for deeper research.
- Pro/Con: Credo Reference: Complete Core‘s Pro/Con is a featured content category for helping patrons locate reliable reference materials on issues of real-time importance. Fight fake news with respected publishers like ProCon.org, The Conversation, the AllSides Red Blue Dictionary, and Facts On File’s Issues & Controversies. Entries are regularly added and updated, bringing authority and accuracy to users’ current events-related information needs.
- Mind Map: One of Credo Reference: Complete Core‘s key features, the Mind Map is an interactive visualization tool to help users discover connections between and across topics.
- Permalinks: Credo Reference: Complete Core‘s record URLs make it easy for researchers to return to previously viewed pages and allow users to create “custom collections on the fly.”
- Citation management: With Credo Reference: Complete Core, users can conveniently cite entries in MLA, Chicago, APA, and Harvard formats.
- Key Concepts: In Credo Reference: Complete Core, relevant terms are displayed within search results to help users identify the focus of each article and provide guidance for additional keywords related to their topic.
- Integration options: Credo Reference: Complete Core content can be embedded into LibGuides or any LMS that supports iFrame, including Canvas, D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard.
- Responsive design: Credo Reference: Complete Core‘s platform ensures a smooth user experience on any type of device.
- Accessible content: Audio files and dictation of text content (downloadable in MP3 format) improve accessibility and provide different avenues for patrons to absorb information. Text content is translated into 60+ languages.
“Credo Reference is the gold standard for general reference…Most students will find it tremendously helpful.”
“The user-friendly interface provides an excellent place for students to begin their research, or to learn about the process of doing research during information literacy instruction.”
The Charleston Advisor
Must-Have Database for Academic and Public Libraries
“Best Overall Reference Database”