Universities & Colleges
About This Product
Vault Campus and Firsthand have been combined to help a new generation of students and alumni realize their career potential. The new Firsthand Career Engagement Platform brings together the breadth and depth of Vault Campus’s company rankings, employer profiles, guides, and more with Firsthand’s mentors, internships, and career fairs to deliver relevant content tailored to individual career seekers that will support them during every step of their career journeys.
The Firsthand Career Engagement Platform provides every career seeker with personalized career guidance. Powered by firsthand experiences, Firsthand offers career seekers unique resources, impactful relationships, and powerful insights so that they can discover their best next step.
At Firsthand, we aim to give all career seekers, regardless of their background, access to the best possible career insights, expert advice, and connections. We empower career seekers to navigate their careers from a position of strength, knowledge, and assurance by providing them with access to employers, mentors, career guides, virtual career fairs, and other unique resources they will actually use because they’re built with verified firsthand know-how. Firsthand also helps colleges and universities develop more meaningful interactions with students, alumni, and employers.
The Firsthand Career Engagement Platform was inspired by our employees’ own career journeys, our missteps, our learned ability to adapt, and all of the people who helped us along the way. When it comes to a career, it’s not always what you know, but who you know as well. Let Firsthand connect your students to both the know-how and the know-who so they can find their “know-you.”
We help students connect with experienced mentors who offer résumé critiques, mock interviews, firsthand knowledge of roles and industries, and more. Our 10,000+ mentors have been there and done that—and they were once in your students’ shoes.
Company Rankings and Profiles
Every year, we survey nearly 100,000 young professionals to identify which employers are most desirable. Our expert editors compile in-depth company profiles and rank companies based on prestige, diversity, quality of life, and overall experience in order to give students an unbiased look at the best places to work. We provide detailed information on 1,000+ professions and more than 4,500 companies in more than 140 industries, covering education requirements, skill requirements, salaries, advancement prospects, and more. Our influential rankings, ratings, and reviews of thousands of top employers and hundreds of internship programs are regularly featured and cited by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, Fortune, Money, and countless other news outlets.
Jobs & Internships
Firsthand’s Jobs section allows students and alumni to search thousands of new jobs posted daily that they won’t find elsewhere. Plus, students can search for and read thousands of internship reviews, find paid internships, and explore programs based on their interests.
Serving hundreds of higher education institutions for more than 10 years, the Firsthand all-in-one platform breaks down barriers to match people with meaningful opportunities at every step of their academic and career journeys, with prescheduled 1-on-1 video meetings with employers; unlimited live events, resources, jobs, and résumé uploads; and unlimited fairs and booths.
- Spark authentic connections—Prescheduled 1:1 meetings with employers guarantee access to impactful conversations and opportunities for your entire spectrum of students, wherever they are.
- Empower your employers—Employers can fully customize their booths, host live events like webinars and group chats, feature resources, showcase job openings, and get reports on which attendees were most engaged.
- Host unlimited fairs—Set up all your fairs in just a few minutes at no extra cost—whether it’s fall and spring career fairs, student orientations, or clubs. With a fixed annual fee, there’s no limit to the number of fairs, exhibitors, or attendees.
- Right people, right fair—Run events for everyone in your community or target specific groups, from the school of business to graduating seniors.
- First virtual fair? We’ll help—Firsthand gives you everything you need to manage your events in one place. But if you need an extra hand, we can help with planning, setup, marketing, and day-of-event support.
Career Guides & Advice
We publish numerous employer, career, internship, résumé, and interviewing guide books that students and alumni can access and download directly from Firsthand’s site, with new and updated guides added regularly. With our guides, students can gain nuanced insights and resources that level the playing field, no matter what profession they’re passionate about. Forbes calls our guides “CliffsNotes for Careers”!
- Vault Guide to Behavioral Interviews
- Vault Guide to Case Interviews
- Vault Guide to Finance Interviews
- Vault Guide to Networking
- Vault Guide to Top Internships
- Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms
- Vault Guide to the Top 50 Management & Strategy Consulting Firms
- Vault Guide to the Top 25 Banking Employers
- Vault Career Guide to Accounting
- Vault Career Guide to the Internet and Social Media
- Vault Career Guide to Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
- Vault Job Search Guide for MBAs and B-School Grads
- Vault Guide to the International MBA Job Search
- And many more!
The Vault Law section connects legal jobseekers with a community of mentors and industry experts to help them find legal employers and career paths that best fit their values and goals. The Vault Law team has been providing law students, laterals, and other legal professionals with intel on the nation’s top law firms since 1996. Legal jobseekers will find:
- Law firm rankings derived from the feedback of more than 20,000 law firm associates nationwide, including the Vault Law 100, regional and practice area rankings, quality of life rankings, diversity rankings, summer program rankings, and midsize law firm rankings.
- Law firm profiles that give jobseekers the inside scoop on what life is really like at top law firms, with need-to-know stats and real associate reviews about firm culture, training, career outlook, pro bono, diversity—and much more.
- The Vault Law blog, which contains advice on everything from outlining and law school exams to networking and OCI to the bar exam and beyond.
- Practice area overviews and Q&As with attorneys in those areas, which provide firsthand perspectives about what it’s really like to practice in dozens of areas.
- And more!
- The Library, where users can find:
- Career Guides, résumé and cover letter samples, industry profiles, career profiles, and interviewing tips; Guides feature dynamic citations in MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and APA formats
- Company rankings, company reviews, and internship programs
- Tips and advice on preparing for an interview and finding a career path
- Timely, special interest features, such as coronavirus resources, advice, and tips
- “Day in the Life” section with in-depth profession overviews that spotlight the main duties of each profession, the work environment, training requirements, advancement prospects, and other need-to-know information
- Easy-to-use modern user interface
- Persistent record links
- Modular platform gives users all the features they need (and none of those they don’t)
- Powerful automation that takes away the grunt work
- Seamless integration with existing CRMs, SSO, and other systems
- Resource library allows admins to organize key information and resources
- Onboarding pathways to keep everyone on track
- Powerful emailing tool—target the right people with the right message
- Admin portal lets admins:
- Track every interaction and relationship
- Quantify and score engagement
- Get insightful visualizations and reports
- Easily manage access inside and outside of their institution
- Ensure data is safe, protected, and compliant
- Hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for 99.99% SLAs
“The best place on the web to prepare for a job search.”
Forbes calls Vault Guides “CliffsNotes for Careers”