About This Product
In a world of bubbles and busts, wealth disparity, rapidly emerging worldwide markets, and a digital revolution that is transforming practically everything, this video collection is crucial to keeping up with changing times. In addition to in-depth documentaries on these topics, viewers will also find educational programming on economic theory, basic business education, accounting and finance fundamentals, business ethics and law, management, marketing, and more.
- Acclaimed, in-depth documentaries from HBO profile both business giants—Becoming Warren Buffett and Agnelli—and those just trying to make a living—Paycheck to Paycheck: The Life & Times of Katrina Gilbert and No Contract, No Cookies: The Stella D’oro Strike.
- Underhand Tactics: Investigating Corporate Culture – an eight-hour series investigating the socioeconomic impact of megacompanies on families, communities, and the environment—locally and across the globe.
- 97 Percent Owned: How Unlimited Credit Creation Brought About the Great Recession – a two-part series that investigates whether a debt-based monetary system is fundamentally flawed.
- You’re the Boss: Starting and Running Your Own Business – a five-part series that provides inspiration, insight, and nuts-and-bolts guidance on building a thriving company—from branding and marketing to the hurdles of government paperwork, to the people smarts needed to manage and motivate employees.
- Professionalism 101: Skills to Succeed and Advance at Work – a three-part series with advice on how to behave in the workplace—professional image, business etiquette, and working with others, including social media and 21st-century technology.
- More than 65 titles from CNBC, including the popular CNBC Titans: Steve Jobs; Crime Inc.: The Underground Economy; Scam of the Century? Bernie Madoff and the $50 Billion Heist; and a wealth of business case studies, investigative looks at the U.S. and global economy, and profiles of companies that impact our daily lives.
- Businesses Out of the Ashes – a compelling series that tells the stories of how six entrepreneurs created their business in the face of adversity and tragedy.
- The CLIOs, 2000–2013 – 13 years (and counting), totaling more than 35 hours of winning entries across all categories for this prestigious advertising awards program.
- Cutting Edge Communications Comedy Series – a 50-part series that uses humor and a format similar to the sitcom The Office to demonstrate to viewers how to communicate properly in a business setting and the consequences for businesses when communication is not up to par.
- Personal Finance Essentials: Financial Literacy for Young Earners – a comprehensive five-part series loaded with savvy tips and real-life scenarios that prepare students to become responsible managers of their personal finances.
- Work-Life Balance: Success and Happiness in an Always-Connected World and Telecommuting and Distance Learning: Tips for Separating Work from Life – two videos that look at how work life and home life are blending, with an eye for keeping a proper balance that leads to happiness, health, and success both at home and at work.
- Globalization: Winners and Losers – a no-nonsense documentary that addresses the pros and cons of doing business in the global marketplace.
- The StartUp Experience – a 25-hour series featuring entrepreneurship expert Dr. Tom Duening interviewing successful business owners; presents powerful case studies and insightful business lessons for aspiring entrepreneurs in areas from home health care to residential real estate and from wind energy to restaurants.
Titles within the collection are sorted across 55 distinct, browsable subject categories (e.g., Management, Marketing Principles & Strategy, Microeconomics, Business Communications), enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited, simultaneous access to thousands of full-length videos and clips, on-site or off
- Exclusive, high-interest videos from top producers you won’t find anywhere else—plus, new content added regularly at no additional cost
- Public performance rights to facilitate library programming and presentations
- Full language support with Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts
- Free MARC records for every video
- Marketing tools to increase patron awareness
- Continuous Play and Loop Playlist options
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material
Canadian Broadcast Corp
Channel 4 Learning
ClickView Pty Limited
Falling Walls Foundation
Films for the Humanities & Sciences
MVD Entertainment Group
National Film Board of Canada