Campus Reflections: Preparing Your Company & Yourself to Attract & Retain Employees in Our New World: Webinar
The re-framing of work is even more evident as colleges and universities embrace a student population that has been impacted by historic world events from COVID-19 and beyond.
Thought leader, nationally recognized higher education expert, and innovator and coalition builder Adam A. Smith will discuss the unique nature of the current college-going population and provide real strategies for businesses and individuals not only to recruit, but to retain employees in a highly competitive economic environment.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How COVID-19, virtual learning, and national events have impacted high school and college students
- Strategies to recruit and retain employees from this new population based on their assets
- How the Generation Z labor force approaches work and how to develop new corporate “soft skills” to re-imagine time and production value and to provide fulfillment to ensure retention of quality team members
- Personal and organizational strategies to build belonging among a diverse labor force that creates competitive advantages, ensuring all team members bring their authentic value to the organization
- How to balance intergenerational labor force needs, to ensure that the needs of each employee are met, while unlearning archaic models to ensure your organization thrives with the labor force of tomorrow
- How to find and make space for organizational DEI efforts with practical strategies that start with each individual team member
- How to understand what current college students are looking for in a career, company, and culture, as well as how to build the organizational and cultural changes to recruit and retain young workers in a highly competitive labor market
About Adam A. Smith
Adam A. Smith is a first-generation college graduate who has dedicated his almost three-decade career to ensuring college access and success for all Americans. He currently works at the University of Kentucky as Executive Director of University Academic Advising and has a vibrant public speaking and educational consulting firm, Adam A. Smith & Associates. Smith has led coalitions and innovations that have had a dramatic impact on student success at Metropolitan State University (MN), the University of Alabama, the University of Akron City of Rockford (IL), and Rock Valley College.