SEL Products for Teachers, Students, and Parents
Useful for both remote learning and in-class instruction and guidance, the products below include titles that help students develop their sense of self and address these key elements of social and emotional learning:
- Problem-solving skills (critical-thinking component)
- Celebrating diversity / perspective-taking
- Understanding others’ emotions and thoughts
- Managing stress / anxiety / frustration
- Growth mindset (vs. fixed mindset)
- Practicing respectful disagreeing
- Building community with teamwork
To access the products below, go to: Resources to Support SEL
Access these resources through December 15, 2020. Questions? Need more time? Contact us—we’re here to help.
Learn360 is a one-stop streaming media resource with content for all grades and subjects. Here is a selection of Learn360 content related to SEL:
- Strategies for School Leaders series
- Teacher Reflections on Teaching Global Competency series
- Understanding Anxiety series
- Understanding Anxiety: A Teacher’s Guide series
- The Empty Desk: Identifying and Assisting the At-Risk Student
- Who Will Teach Me About Hate?: The Prejudice Project
- and many others
Learn more about Learn360.
The World Almanac® for Kids Elementary
Primary-level students can learn about global citizenship, social awareness, religious and cultural diversity, and strategies for dealing with frustration and anger during these challenging times and beyond. Take a look at these topic sections:
- Character Building
- Being a Good Citizen
- Families, Neighborhoods & Communities
- Holiday Celebrations
Learn more about The World Almanac® for Kids Elementary.
The World Almanac® for Kids
Intermediate-level students can learn about global citizenship, social awareness, religious and cultural diversity, and strategies for dealing with emotions during these challenging times and beyond. Take a look at these topic sections:
- Character Matters
- Take a Stand
- Holidays and Celebrations
Learn more about The World Almanac® for Kids.
Health Reference Center
Health Reference Center provides up-to-date and reliable information on important SEL areas such as mental health, anxiety, and teen issues, with videos, articles, directories, and more. Look for this relevant, timely content:
- Teen’s Health Center: includes crucial information for teens on topics such as anxiety, depression, and mental health; stress and stress management; and family life and relationships
- Teens’ Healthy Choices Videos: proprietary video series that offers teen-to-teen guidance with titles such as “Depressed: You Are Not Alone,” “Depression and Social Media,” “Keep Your Anxiety and Stress in Check,” and “What You Can Do and Say to Keep Bullies Away”
- Children’s Health Center: includes sections on peer pressure, internet and online safety, and other topics relating to development and well-being
Learn more about Health Reference Center.
Issues & Controversies
Issues & Controversies’ unbiased, trustworthy pro/con content on today’s most important issues facilitates key SEL concepts such as respectful disagreeing, problem-solving skills, and perspective-taking, among others. Features such as discussion questions support growth mindset by challenging students to communicate effectively and think critically. By showing two sides to controversial issues, Issues & Controversies enables students to understand the ideas and viewpoints of others and help them reach common ground.
Learn more about Issues & Controversies.