- Awards & Reviews
- Case Studies
About This Product:
Credo Academic Core enhances the research experience through authoritative reference content and a one-stop exploratory search platform that drives usage of all trusted library resources. The user-friendly interface is ideal for students starting their research or learning about the research process during information literacy instruction. With hundreds of searchable, full-text titles from the world’s foremost publishers, Credo covers every major subject.
- Easy-to-use interface: The intuitive design allows researchers at all levels to easily navigate the platform and discover the information they need.
- Exceptional reference content from the best academic publishers: With 700+ searchable, full-text titles, Credo Academic Core places particular emphasis on subject encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, and reference handbooks. Also included are more than 1,100 short reference videos, more than 475,000 high-resolution art images, photographs, and maps across all subject areas.
- The thoughtfully curated content is recognized by top sources, such as Choice, Recommended College List, RUSA, Doody’s Core Titles, Booklist, Library Journal, and many more.
- This title list is regularly updated to ensure your reference collection remains current.
- The equivalent print price of the books in Credo Academic Core is more than $130,000.
- Multimedia content: More than 3 million full-text entries are searchable alongside thousands of images, audio files, and videos.
- Information literacy support: Features like Mind Map, Research Quick Tips, Topic Pages, Key Concepts, Real-Time Reference, and more help educators foster essential research skills at the point of need or during library instruction sessions.
- Discover more: Search results include connections to your institution’s other research databases, maximizing usage of all of your library’s trusted resources.
- Research Quick Tips: Credo Academic Core features concise, informative videos embedded throughout the platform to cultivate information literacy skills while students research. Subjects covered include selecting and narrowing a topic, evaluating sources, boolean operators, and more.
- Topic Pages: 11,000+ customizable Topic Pages incorporate existing library database results directly, enabling users to gain background information, then have direct links to subject-specific journal/monograph databases for deeper content—great for background research, discovering library resources, and building keyword vocabulary!
- Mind Map: One of Credo Academic Core‘s key features, the Mind Map is a visualization tool to help users discover connections between and across topics. This feature is embeddable in course pages, LibGuides, and websites!
- Real-Time Reference: Credo Academic Core‘s Real-Time Reference is a featured content category for helping students locate reliable reference materials on issues of real-time importance. When students see the Real-Time Reference icon, they’ll easily identify the article as timely and relevant. Highly respected publishers like ProCon.org, The Conversation, Bloomberg QuickTake, the AllSides Red Blue Dictionary, and Facts On File’s Issues & Controversies regularly add and update entries, bringing authority and accuracy to students’ current events-related information needs.
- Credo embeds: Credo Academic Core allows users to embed reference content in their institution’s learning management system, virtual learning environment, or other guides/websites. Any article (or Mind Map) may be embedded, including those with images, audio, or videos. This helps foster faculty collaboration while also bringing usage and awareness of the institution’s valued library e-resources.
- Permalinks: Credo Academic Core‘s record URLs make it easy for researchers to return to previously viewed pages and allow users to create “custom collections on the fly.”
- Citation management: With Credo Academic Core, users can conveniently cite entries in MLA, Chicago, APA, and Harvard formats.
- Key Concepts: In Credo Academic Core, relevant terms are displayed within search results to help users identify the focus of each article and provide guidance for additional keywords related to their topic.
- Curated LibGuides: Credo Academic Core‘s popular subject guides curate foundational knowledge to help students explore research topics and support faculty building supplemental resources for their courses.
- Primary Sources in Credo LibGuide: Easily point students to the many primary source materials available in Credo Academic Core. Nearly 2,000 primary source documents—including 75 videos—can be found in addition to our image collections, which contain more than 200,000 examples of original art and antiquities. This guide contains links to 650 entries across 40+ titles, as well as links to all of the books that contain primary source materials.
- Integration options: Credo Academic Core content can be embedded into LibGuides or any LMS that supports iFrame, including Canvas, D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard.
- Responsive design: Credo Academic Core‘s platform ensures a smooth user experience on any type of device.
- Google Drive integration: Libraries can now authenticate their Credo Academic Core users with Google Authenticator, while users (via Google Authenticator or through their personal Gmail accounts) can save entries to Google Docs.
- Accessible content: Audio files and dictation of text content (downloadable in MP3 format) improve accessibility and provide different avenues for students to absorb information. Text content is translated into 60+ languages, helping learners of all backgrounds access reference material.
Choice Outstanding Academic Title
Library Journal “Best Overall Reference Database”
“Essential. All Libraries. All levels.”
“The user-friendly interface provides an excellent place for students to begin their research, or to learn about the process of doing research during information literacy instruction.”
The Charleston Advisor
Rocky Mountain College: Librarians use Credo Academic Core during First-Year Experience workshops to lay a foundation of highly effective research skills.
Nazarbayev University: Credo Academic Core helps maintain students’ attention and builds their confidence in the research process during instruction sessions.
Drake University: Credo’s one-stop platform helps students brainstorm, make connections, build subject vocabulary, and explore appropriate resources when starting their research assignments.
Howard University: Spotlighting Credo Academic Core in First-Year Experience workshops leads to higher usage of library resources and improved research papers from students.