The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will work along with other CSMs and perform a variety of activities to support the daily activities of the specific Account Managers (AM) to whom they are assigned. This position reports to the Associate Director of Customer Success.
The CSM’s focus will be in four key areas: Pre-sale Account Nurturing, Account Retention/Post-Sale Engagement, Renewal/Upsell to existing accounts and Administrative Support/Territory Management. All activities will focus on the development and strengthening of existing account relationships to ensure satisfaction of Infobase services, products and customer experience that drives retention and renewal of existing accounts.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Pre-Sale Account Nurturing:
- Vet, organize and disseminate leads (from trials, webinars, presentations, etc.) to AMs for follow-up.
- Daily monitoring of trials for AMs—provide support and follow-up where needed
- Provides outreach on an as-needed basis to nurture customers/prospects in sales process
- Send out information for trial accounts nurturing usage and user experience
- Provide AMs with trial stats
- Work with Marketing on leads from conventions, conferences, shows, Hot-Leads, etc., and disseminate them to Reps with a quick turnaround
- Research account information for sales reps as needed.
- Targeted campaign outreach to generate interest and follow-up—report to AM on daily basis
Account Retention – Post Sale Engagement
- Manage and deliver new account set-up check list for new accounts
- Assemble and ship “Welcome Kits” and “Renewal Kits” for all new/upsell subscribers
- Give customers a sense of “Hand-Holding” and allow them to have an additional support person that can handle comments, questions, and concerns in efforts to free up time for Reps to focus mainly on sales calls
- Coordinate with AMs on targeted account outreach providing boosters and additional information on ways to promote usage, webinar schedules, etc.
- Schedule client trainings as needed
- Work with other CSMs to maintain repository of marketing materials, newsletters, etc.
- Collect testimonials from subscribers when reps and disseminate to Marketing
- Provide AMs with daily/weekly/monthly reports showing usage, stats, etc., and red-flagging any accounts that may need further assistance or special outreach
- Daily monitoring of renewals for AMs
- Provide onboarding for upsell and renewal customers/prospects
- Create renewal sheets for all BOCES, buying groups, consortia, etc., in territory managing
- Create renewal letters for each AM monthly. Mail/email letters and follow up on responses
Administrative Support and Territory management:
- Assist Sales management/staff with RFP preparation for AM territories that they manage
- Update and maintain registrations for states in territory handled
- Key contact for client support, answering routine product
- Update information on accounts in Account Management Systems contracts, products, etc.
- Handle additional projects as assigned by Manager/Director
Requirements for Position:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, 2+ years sales support experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Marketing and sales experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail
IHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer