American History has been updated and enhanced throughout the past year, increasing the educational value of this award-winning resource.
Recent Updates and Additions:
- Primary sources: Added more than 5,000 new, original primary documents covering all aspects of American history, with special focus on such core areas as daily life, slavery, immigration, women, and more.
- Images: Added more than 1,100 new images, many on important topics like the Oregon Trail, the Alamo, the Emancipation Proclamation, the Underground Railroad, the Prohibition Era, and more.
- Maps: Added more than 200 new maps on curricular subjects such as World War II, Colonial America, and Hispanic-American history.
- Articles: Added more than 1,000 articles on landmark Supreme Court cases.
- Book chapters: Added more than 400 chapters from 45 titles licensed from esteemed university presses such as University of California Press, University of North Carolina Press, Indiana University Press, and University of Virginia Press.
- Authoritative sources: Updated and revised the following key titles, which appear in American History‘s source list:
- Encyclopedia of American History, Third Edition (now in 10 individual volumes)
- Encyclopedia of American Government and Civics, Second Edition
- Encyclopedia of the American Presidency, Third Edition
- Multicultural America (7 volumes)
- Milestones in American History (38 volumes), including such core topics as:
- The Prohibition Era
- The Louisiana Purchase
- The California Gold Rush
- The Erie Canal
- The Treaty of Paris
- The Great Depression and the New Deal
- The Cuban Missile Crisis
- The Transcontinental Railroad
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Stock Market Crash of 1929
- The McCarthy Era
- The Monroe Doctrine
- The Panama Canal
- Apollo 13
- And many more.
Click on the links below for more information about American History: