More than 2,500 critical extracts from the Writers of English series have been added to Bloom’s Literature. The Writers of English series includes everything from classic science fiction and fantasy writers, to modern mystery and suspense writers, to great African-American poets and dramatists, and much more.
These critical extracts significantly add to the award-winning database’s coverage of respected popular writers in fields like crime fiction, science fiction, fantasy, thriller, and so on, as well as to its already robust coverage of great modern writers.
The types of authors covered in the recently added extracts include:
- African-American women poets and dramatists, including Maya Angelou, Lorraine Hansberry, Gwendolyn Brooks, Nikki Giovanni, Phillis Wheatley, and Ntozake Shange
- Classic fantasy writers, including L. Frank Baum, Lewis Carroll, H. Rider Haggard, Rudyard Kipling, and Beatrix Potter
- Classic mystery writers, including G. K. Chesterton, Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and Edgar Allan Poe
- Crime and suspense writers, including Robert Bloch, Thomas Harris, Patricia Highsmith, Elmore Leonard, and Mickey Spillane
- Horror writers, including Robert Bloch, Shirley Jackson, Arthur Machen, H. P. Lovecraft, and Richard Matheson
- Major African-American writers, including Countee Cullen, W. E. B. Du Bois, and Langston Hughes
- Native American women writers, including Leslie Marmon Silko, Louise Erdrich, Paula Gunn Allen, and Maria Campbell
- Science fiction writers of the Golden Age, including Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, Robert A. Heinlein, and Ray Bradbury
- Women writers of children’s literature, including Louisa May Alcott, P. L. Travers, Madeleine L’Engle, and Edith Nesbit
- And much more!
Click on the links below for more information about Bloom’s Literature: