Students may wonder why the Trump administration’s recent decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is so controversial. The following Classroom Video On Demand titles introduce students to the complex history of the world’s holiest city. Jerusalem is the center and the source of three world faiths, all of which desire to claim it. This is the beauty, but also the paradox—and sometimes the tragedy—of Jerusalem.
- Crusade to Jerusalem (Item #144732)
- Sacred Space, Secular States? (Item #113500)
- Jerusalem: The Making of a Holy City series (Item #52512)
- Eye of the Storm: Jerusalem’s Temple Mount (Item #32069)
- The West Bank Wall: Life on Both Sides (Item #34203)
- My Land: Seeing Both Sides of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (Item #52827)
- Disengagement: Israel’s Unilateral Withdrawal—Educator’s Edition (Item #38732)