Facts On File, the award-winning publisher of print and online reference materials for schools and libraries, proudly announces the launch of the completely redesigned and updated Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center database.
“The much-anticipated redesign of Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center involves an extensive restructuring that both takes advantage of our wealth of content and brings the database visually in line with the recent redesigns of our other online products,” said Nicole Bowen, Facts On File’s Director of Electronic Publishing. “We’ve added a significant amount of new content, and it is now even more accessible and intuitively organized.”
Among the many enhancements featured in this extensive overhaul of the award-winning Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center are:
- An Attractive New Interface—The redesigned home page boasts a fresh and appealing new look and allows users to more easily access the database’s authoritative and wide-ranging content.
- New Jobs Section—More than 3,300 jobs and industries are conveniently broken down into 16 Career Clusters created by the Department of Education. Each Career Cluster contains an informative overview essay that describes the types of industries and jobs within the cluster. Overview articles are also provided for each of the 94 industries, leading users into in-depth descriptions of specific jobs within the industry.
- New Skills Section—Users can use this broad section to learn the essentials of getting a job and keeping it—with guidance on finding a career path, honing interview skills, writing resumes and cover letters, and demonstrating professional behavior. Sample resumes and cover letters created by professional career consultants are provided, organized in handy galleries so users can find what they need quickly.
- New Resources Section—Users can search or browse more than 48,000 resource entries to help them achieve their career goals. Resources are divided into convenient categories, such as women, minorities, and people with disabilities. Each resource section contains fully searchable directories of hundreds of fellowships, organizations, internships, scholarships, awards, and much more. The School Search feature allows users to browse a selected list of colleges and universities. Informative articles discuss the various career assessment tests available.
- New Content—A substantial amount of new content has been added from acclaimed Ferguson Publishing print career reference titles.
- Special Features
- Essential advice from nationally renowned author and career expert Sue Morem—from her books How to Gain the Professional Edge, Second Edition and 101 Tips for Graduates—will help everyone from recent graduates and job seekers to people looking to advance in the workplace.
- “My Life” interviews with professionals provide a unique firsthand perspective on exciting jobs such as Board Game Designer.
- “Focus On” articles, with topics changing monthly, spotlight interesting career fields such as Toys and Games.
- The searchable archive of articles from current and past issues of Career Opportunities News, a 16-page newsletter, continues to provide timely information about colleges and the job market.