Facts On File, the award-winning publisher of print, online, and eBook reference materials for schools and libraries, is pleased to announce the launch of Writer’s Reference Center, a convenient one-stop resource that provides users with all of the tools necessary to write and research effectively. From the mechanics of writing and grammar to style and research, this indispensable online source thoroughly covers the fundamentals of quality writing and provides a wealth of vocabulary-building reference dictionaries.
- Writing References: almost 100,000 definitions from over a dozen thematic dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference books from Facts On File, including the comprehensive Facts On File Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins, Fourth Edition; the highly acclaimed Dictionary of Literary and Thematic Terms, Second Edition; and many more
- Writing Resources: more than 150 essays covering grammar, style, research, and more, presented in an easy-to-use format, allowing users both to learn new concepts and to quickly find answers to specific usage and style questions
- Specially selected features highlighting important topics for writers
- Featured words and phrases helping writers expand their vocabulary and depth of understanding
- An easy-to-use interface and intuitive design for finding relevant information quickly through customizable searches and browsing
- A “Did You Mean…?” search feature
- Persistent record links
- Full citations in both MLA and Chicago formats
- The ability to print, copy, and save all content to a folder for personal use.