Facts On File and Films Media Group are proud to announce the launch of Access Video On Demand, powered by Films On Demand—the comprehensive streaming video subscription service tailored especially for public libraries. Offering unlimited access to more than 7,800 full-length videos and 88,000 clips, Access Video On Demand gives public library patrons instant access to thousands of acclaimed documentaries, award-winning educational films, and helpful instructional videos in a variety of subject areas from top-quality producers. Dozens of new programs are added monthly—more than 600 every year.
Nine comprehensive streaming video collections are available, sold individually or bundled for the ultimate in coverage, including thousands of exclusive titles in the following subjects:
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Economics
- Science, Mathematics, and Technology
- Social Sciences
- Health and Wellness
- Careers and Trades
- Home and Family
- Travel and Recreation—Coming Soon!
- Archival Films and Newsreels.
Featured programs include:
- Amazing Planet
- Back to the Blueprint
- Baking with Julia
- Baseball: A Film by Ken Burns
- Close to Home: Moyers on Addiction
- From the Royal Opera House
- On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying in America
- In Search of History
- Jazz: A Film by Ken Burns
- Masterpiece Theatre
- Modern Marvels
- The Living Machine.
“We are thrilled to have made our acclaimed Films On Demand streaming video platform available to public libraries in a version customized to their needs,” said Mark McDonnell, president of Infobase Learning. “The superior quality and quantity of the videos, the extensive range of subject areas covered, and the range of world-class producers and programs included make Access Video On Demand an exceptional value for public libraries everywhere, no matter what their size.”
- Unlimited simultaneous user access, 24/7
- Remote access available
- User-friendly, intuitive interface
- Powerful search and browse tools
- Multiple playback resolution options to optimize bandwidth use
- Closed-captioning on thousands of titles
- Ability to save and organize favorite videos
- Authenticated links for use with Web-based catalog systems
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
- Helpful citations in multiple formats
- Usage tracking and reporting statistics
- Most titles come with public performance rights
- Customized MARC records
- Exceptional content from more than 700 top producers such as Films for the Humanities & Sciences, BBC, PBS, A&E Television Networks, National Geographic, NBC News, ABC News, Ken Burns, HISTORY®, and many more. Most titles are exclusive to Facts On File and Films Media Group.