Issues & Controversies is continuously updated and enhanced, increasing the educational value of this award-winning resource. Here is a recap of some of the content updates made so far this year.
- New articles: Added 10 new and updated articles on high-interest topics such as the opioid crisis, Puerto Rico, women’s rights, marijuana legalization, immigration policy, net neutrality, gun control, health care reform, abortion, and protectionism.
- Primary sources: Added 120 primary sources, including presidential proclamations, congressional testimony, executive agency guidelines, and speeches by senators, representatives, foreign leaders, and others.
- Court cases: Added 115 new Court Case articles on such issues as abortion and reproductive rights, affirmative action, animal rights, capital punishment, drugs, gun control, immigration, Native Americans, and racial profiling.
- Timelines: Added two new timelines.
- Debate videos: Added four new Intelligence Squared debate videos discussing humanitarian interventions, health of democracy worldwide, paying college athletes, and religion.
- Audio: Added 29 National Public Radio (NPR) audio recordings and podcasts.
- Other updates: Added 10 new discussion questions, hundreds of editorials, and hundreds of news stories.
Click on the links below for more information about Issues & Controversies: