Infobase is pleased to announce that it has added Google Sign-In, a new and improved SSO, and LDAP as its newest authentication options that allow Learn360, Classroom Video On Demand, Access Video On Demand, and Films On Demand subscribers to seamlessly access those products’ digital content.
As part of its larger integration with Google Apps for Education (GAFE) that also includes Share to Google Classroom and Save to Google Drive, Learn360 and Classroom Video On Demand Account Admins now have two convenient new ways to access their products:
- Google Sign-In allows users to access Learn360 and Classroom Video On Demand content using their Google log-in credentials. This feature provides an easy way for students and faculty to link their Google accounts with their Learn360 and Classroom Video On Demand user accounts, allowing for one-click log-in access to the platform using the “Sign in with Google” button. Perfect for GAFE schools—but available to any school that uses Google email accounts! This option is turned OFF by default and can be activated by Account Administrators in the Admin Portal.
- Learn360 and Classroom Video On Demand now each offer a Chrome Web Store App that users can easily add to their Chrome browser apps dashboard page. They will then be able to use Learn360 and Classroom Video On Demand without having to log in each time, creating a single sign-on experience.
SINGLE SIGN-ON (SSO)
Single sign-on creates a seamless online experience where users log in only once with their known school credentials to access all parts of the On Demand/Learn360 platform. The new and improved SSO option adds benefits including the ability for user accounts to be created through the SSO integration, up-to-date video access for catalogs, new metadata in the Admin Portal, and more.
New to On Demand and Learn360, the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is an open, vendor-neutral, industry standard application protocol for accessing and maintaining distributed directory information services over an IP network. Benefits include a central place to store and update usernames and passwords.
OTHER INTEGRATION OPTIONS
- Widgets: Search widgets, content widgets, embed codes, preview widgets, and Featured Titles widgets provide users with targeted entry points into the platform and make great usage boosters!
- LTI offers a secure way to set up a direct link between subscribers’ Learning Management Systems and their On Demand/Learn360 content that will no longer require an additional layer of authentication.
- API/XML gateway allows our discovery tool partners to easily integrate On Demand/Learn360 data into their federated search solutions for our shared customers—an easy way for institutions to access all of their educational assets in one place.
- IP authentication gives users direct, secure access to the On Demand/Learn360 platform, bypassing username and password log-in.
About the On Demand Platform:
Infobase’s award-winning On Demand streaming video platform—which includes Films On Demand for colleges and universities, Classroom Video On Demand for high schools, and Access Video On Demand for public libraries—gives students and patrons instant access to outstanding documentaries, award-winning educational films, independent films, and helpful instructional videos from any location with Internet access, anytime they choose.
Learn360 is the premier streaming digital delivery service for the K–12 educational market, offering 24/7 access to more than 130,000 multimedia resources, including high-quality full-length videos, video clips, images, audio files, articles, activities, worksheets, and more. Recently relaunched with a brand-new platform and exciting new content and tools, Learn360 is now an even more powerful tool for flipped classrooms, blended instruction, project-based learning, and 1:1 environments.